This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nairn’s. The opinions and text are all mine. The Nairn’s products mentioned in this post were sent to me as a gift from to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
It’s that time of year again!! Back to school, woohoo for mom! I’m not quite there yet- I still have a couple years, but I thought some of you might be looking for that perfect back-to-school sweet treat to pack in those lunch boxes and to have ready when those little monsters get home 🙂 I had the pleasure of partnering with Nairn’s to create these super easy and super delicious treats featuring their gluten-free, vegan oat grahams!
If you think that rice krispie treats were your fav- well I am introducing you to your NEW favorite treat that is ready in the same amout of time and involves chocolate… I mean, duh… My dad said they taste just like s’mores, but even better! And my son, well he couldn’t keep his little hands off!
I was so excited to learn about Nairn’s Oat Grahams! When I went gluten-free, graham crackers were definitely one of those things that I missed, especially when it came to s’mores! There are some other brands out there, but I have to say that Nairn’s is for sure my fav so far. I also love that they are vegan friendly. They are only made with seven ingredients and are not loaded with tons of sugar like the traditional graham crackers you might be used to.
Now you can absolutely pack these scrumptious grahams in your kiddos lunch (and yours!) as they come, because they are a perfect little sweet snack. But guys, these grahams are easy enough to crunch up, combine with some vegan butter and marshmallows and top with dark chocolate chunks for a that feel good, sticky sweet treat you’re gonna be wanting s’more and s’more of (hehe… y’all know I can’t help myself with the cheesy puns). And yes! They are completely gluten-free AND vegan!
Now, are these the healthiest treat on the block? No. But without all those additives, unpronouncable ingredients and preservatives- they sure make a “healthier” option to the alternative s’mores and marshmallow treats. Besides, as kiddos start a new school year, I think a little treat to say Well done! You did it! You’re awesome! is never a bad idea.
So by now, you have to be slobering all over your screen, so head on over to Nairn’s to shop. Here are some additional reasons why I love Nairn’s:
- Nairn’s is dedicated to gluten-free goodness. Their gf oats are carefully grown, and then baked in a dedicated gluten-free bakery, which means that every batch is certified gluten-free. For people like me- that is HUGE!
- The Oat Grahams have 40% less sugar than the average gluten-free alternative grahams
- Baked in Scotland by a company established in 1896! How cool is that?!
Ok, ok I’ll get right to the recipe so you can make these for “your kids”… not you, you won’t eat any of these… wink!
- 2 boxes Nairn's gluten-free Oat Grahams, (8 packs, 32 grahams, 11.28 ounces)
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 10 ounces vegan marshmallows, (I use Dandies mini marshmallows)
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) vegan butter, (I use Earth Balance)
- Break up the oat grahams into small pieces (I just used my hands) and place in a bowl, set aside
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan
- Add the marhmallows and stir until they are melted and the butter is absorbed
- **NOTE: these marshmallows take a little bit longer to melt
- Turn the heat off, remove from heat and add the grahams. Stir to combine
- Lightly spray an 8in x 8in square baking dish with coconut oil
- Press the marshmallow graham mixture evenly into the glass dish
- **NOTE: I used a piece of parchment paper
- Chop your chocolate into chunks (not too large, not too small), then sprinkle over top of the treats and push them in (using your parchment paper piece) to make sure they stick
- Place the dish in the fridge and store remaining pieces in the fridge
- **NOTE: the chocolate will melt a little bit but will firm back up in the fridge