A creamy, dairy-free pumpkin smoothie topped with gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough bites, raw pumpkin seeds, pecans, chocolate covered chia seeds, coconut cream, and maple syrup for a naturally sweetened fall-inspired breakfast that tastes just like pumpkin pie!
The weather can’t seem to make up its mind here in Columbus, Ohio. It’s chilly, then a couple of days later it’s back up into the high 80’s, and not that I’m complaining at all, but it’s kinda giving my body mixed signals, ya know what I mean? Like, I’m still craving all the fall flavors, but I’m over here sweating so combining the heat factor with the fall flavor I came up with the perfect, delicious solution. Say hello to this Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl!
This easy breakfast recipe is filled with nutritious goodies that still gives you all the fall feels and requires no stove, no oven. Just you, your freezer, and your blender. You simply freeze a banana and some pumpkin puree overnight, then the next morning you blend and top with raw cookie dough balls that serve as the “pie crust”, raw pumpkin seeds, pecans, chocolate covered chia seeds and coconut cream- because what’s pumpkin pie without the “whipped cream”?!
And don’t forget to drizzle with maple syrup! This breakfast bowl tastes like a healthy, deconstructed pumpkin pie in smoothie form! You can also make the cookie dough bites the night before as well so that you’re ready to go in the morning! Note: they make a great snack/dessert so be sure to save some for your Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie in the morning 😉
I recommend freezing some of the pumpkin puree the night before because it helps to create that frozen, almost ice cream-like texture, but if you forget you can still just add the pumpkin puree straight from the can. I always keep frozen bananas in the freezer too. My hubby has a smoothie every morning, so we keep them stocked. Not a bad idea if you’re also a smoothie lover. So there we have it! An easy, nutritious, delicious, dessert-for-breakfast type recipe.
Check out these other smoothie bowl recipes too!
Cookie Monster Smoothie Bowl
Strawberry Banana Sundae Smoothie Bowls
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook @HealthyLittleVittles #healthylittlevittles if you make this Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup non-frozen pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup plant milk (I used oat)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Chocolate chip cookie dough bites (below)
- Coconut cream
- Chocolate covered chia seeds
- chopped pecans
- raw pumpkin seeds
- maple syrup for drizzling
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1.5 cups quick oats, flour
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple/agave syrup
- 1/4 cup gluten-free, dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- First, make the cookie dough. Place all the cookie dough ingredients in a medium bowl and stir together until a dough forms. Roll into small balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
*You can make this the night before to save time in the morning.
- To make the smoothie, add all the smoothie ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the smoothie into a bowl top with coconut cream, cookie dough balls, chocolate covered chia seeds (optional), raw pumpkin seeds, pecans, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
NOTE: MAKE SURE TO FREEZE A BANANA AND 1/2 CUP PUMPKIN PUREE (in an ice cube tray) THE NIGHT BEFORE!