A delicious vegan replacement for Hollandaise Sauce made with plant butter, gluten-free flour, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, lemon juice, coconut milk, vegan mayo, salt & pepper! With these simple ingredients you can use this Vegan Hollandaise Sauce on your tofu scramble, hashbrowns, or roasted veggies!
If there was one sauce I could stick a straw in and drink, it would be hollandaise sauce. Ok, maybe not drink it with a straw, that was a little dramatic, but I certainly could eat it by the spoonful. In other words, it’s my all-time favorite sauce. I used to love love love Eggs Benedict, so the day I couldn’t eat eggs or dairy any more, my whole breakfast world was shattered.
But today I am happy to report that I have the best vegan hollandaise sauce recipe for you! This sauce is quick and simple and tastes very similar to the original hollandaise sauce that I remember. It’s wonderful drizzled on, or in my case globbed, tofu scramble and hashbrowns. It’s delicious served with asparagus or broccoli, maybe as a dip for artichokes (totally need to try that soon!), and even amazing in my “SAUSAGE”, ONION, SPINACH, MUSHROOM BREAKFAST LASAGNA recipe! Basically, if you’re a hollandaise fan like myself, you’ll eat it on pretty much everything, amiright?!
This vegan hollandaise sauce comes together in about 15 minutes max. It’s all done stovetop and it’s even great to keep in a jar in the fridge for when your next hollandaise sauce craving hits. All the flavors combined together almost have that eggy taste to make this Vegan Hollandaise Sauce a wonderful swap. I think even the non-vegan hollandaise sauce lovers will enjoy it, and might not even notice it’s vegan!
It’s thick and creamy, just the way I like it, but feel free to thin it out a bit if you like thinner hollandaise sauce. Simply add more plant milk, or even water. First, you start by making a roux with the plant butter and flour, then you’ll slowly add the coconut milk (or other plant milk of choice) whisking continuously. Then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until you achieve the desired consistency. That’s it! It really is so easy. Another reason why I just adore this Vegan Hollandaise Sauce recipe.
I was totally expecting this post to flop on Instagram, but you guys loved it so much I decided to give it a permanent spot on my blog. Seems like you’re hollandaise lovers too. Now if only I could figure out how to make an eggless egg…. hmm. Haha I hope you try this Vegan Hollandaise Sauce and love it as much as I do! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and Facebook!
- 3 tablespoons plant butter (coconut butter or coconut oil)
- 2.5 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 cups plant milk/coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, then whisk in the flour until the butter is absorbed by the flour.
- Turn your heat up to high, then add the plant milk and whisk to dissolve the flour (you're making a roux).
- Add the mayo, dijon, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and salt. Whisk continuously until it starts to come to a slow boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it thicken for a few minutes, whisking occasionally. If too thick, add more plant milk.
- Serve over tofu scramble, potatoes, asparagus, or anything you’d like!
- Store leftover sauce in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.