This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sharp USA. The opinions and text are all mine. The Sharp USA product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use for this recipe, thank you so much!
Guys, I’ve been dying to make “meaty”, hardy, filling veggie burgers… and with Independence Day right around the corner, I just sat myself down, gave myself a pep talk and pulled the trigger! To say I was happy with how these gluten-free, vegan sweet potato mushroom guacamole burgers turned out is an understatement. And they are for sure going to be on repeat for the rest of the summa.
Even your manliest meat eating men will love these burgers. Aside from being a plant-based burger that’s actually enjoyable, there is no grill required! So for people living in a place where you’re not allowed to have grills, or for people like me who have never actually used an outside grill- hello! that’s what my hubby is for! haha, this is the perfect alternative. You could also think of it as a day off for dad wink!
You can put your patties together in about 15 minutes, and then bake them in your Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven for another 20 minutes and you’ve still got a fantastic All-American “cookout” meal. It’s super simple to roast your sweet potatoes and mushrooms together on one sheet, and then “grill” the burger patties on the same sheet (heck to the ya about only one baking sheet to wash)!
Now it’s possible to have an indoor BBQ, like if Mother Nature messes up your plans or if you’re like me and have grown heat intolerant as the years go by and sometimes prefer to stay out of the hot sun. Other reasons why I love the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven:
☆ it revolutionizes cooking to cook better, healthier meals by combining superheated steam and conventional, radiant heat making your food crispy and browned on the outside, moist and delicious on the inside.
☆ no pre-heating is required! Fantastic when you’re feeding hangry toddlers or husbands (LOL!).
☆ You can bake multiple items in it at once (like in this case the burgers and the fries!)
☆ It’s super easy to clean!
☆ You can also toast, warm, bake/reheat, broil/grill, and cook pizza! Woah.
It’s literally a touch of a couple buttons and your meal is cooking away as you set the table, or in my case chasing the kids around, changing diapers, or letting the dogs out…
So now you know my favorite way to cook these glorious bad boys, let’s take a closer peek at what’s in them!
☆ baby portabella mushrooms
☆ sweet potato
☆ brown rice
☆ black beans
☆ fresh parsley
☆ topped with guacamole, arugula, ketchup (opt), and red onion
If you feel like having a plant-based burger party for your next “cookout” or cook-in, check out my Cranberry Falafel Burgers too! And check out these SRIRACHA PEANUT CAULIFLOWER RICE BOWLS also made with the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 8 oz baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 + 1/4 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- olive oil, (for roasting the sweet potatoes and mushrooms)
- guacamole, (recipe below)
- 2 avocados
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- garlic salt, to taste
- Peel and dice your sweet potato
- Wash your mushrooms
- Place them onto the baking tray with the sweet potatoes and drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and broil at 485 degrees for 20 minutes
- While those are roasting, place all other ingredients EXCEPT for the oats in your food processor/blender and also make your guacamole
- Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms when done and blend your ingredients until just combined
- **NOTE: I like to pulse blend the mixture so that it doesn't become too mushy. You still want smaller chunks of ingredients
- Pour the mixute into a bowl and add the oats. Stir to combine then using your hands, for the mixture into 4 large patties
- Place the patties back onto the baking sheet and broil/grill at 485 degrees for an additional 20-25 minutes flipping once in the middle
- Serve with guacamole, red onion (if desired), ketchup (if desired), arugula, and french fries!