These vegan Strawberry Cream Pie Popsicles take a creamy strawberry filling made with real strawberries, topped with a three-nut, gluten-free cinnamon “crust” for the perfect summer pie-inspired treat.
This is a post sponsored by Diamond of California Nuts. The text and opinions are all mine. The products mentioned in this post were sent to me as a gift, thank you so much Diamond Foods!
I’m not sure what the weather is like where you are, but here in Columbus, Ohio it has been hot, muggy, and humid! Not enjoyable to be outside really. I seem to be living off of salads and popsicles these days, but I suppose I can’t complain about that! These Strawberry Cream Pie Popsicles could possibly be my favorite popsicles to date. You guys, they are SO GOOD. And what’s even better is they are insanely easy to make. So my vote? Have these stocked in your freezer at.all.times. And thank me later.
I’ve teamed up with Diamond of California Nuts, I know you’ve seen them at your local grocery store, to bring you a fun summer recipe that doesn’t involve turning on your oven on a hot summer day. I have taken a summery strawberry pie and chilled it all the way down to keep you cool and your sweet tooth satisfied.
I converted a traditional pie crust to a “crust” made with only Diamond of California Shelled Chopped Walnuts, Pecan Halves, Sliced Almonds, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and coconut oil, and added it to a creamy sautéed strawberry filling to give your popsicles that pie-esque vibe.
The method is simple. You will sauté the strawberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat until they start to reduce. You will then stir in a can of coconut cream, almond extract, agave (or maple) syrup, arrowroot flour, and a pinch of salt. Bring that to a boil and then remove from heat to cool just slightly. Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds leaving about an inch of space to add the crust and place in the freezer.
Then you’ll simply blend/process the nuts with cinnamon and salt until fine, then add in the vanilla and coconut oil until a “crust” forms. Layer that on top of your popsicle filling to the top of the molds, then insert your popsicle sticks and freeze at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
I love Diamond Nuts because they offer a variety of high quality nuts, both in shell and conveniently out of their shells- which makes these Strawberry Cream Pie Popsicles come together even faster! If you want, you can double the crust recipe and add even more crust (because it’s so darn yummy) to the middle of the popsicles too!
So, these popsicles are totally your jam if:
1- you love nuts
2- you love strawberries
3- you love quick and easy sweet treats
4- you’re all about that no-fuss, no-bake life
5- you’ve been living off of popsicles this summer just like me
Purchase your Diamond Nuts either in-store or on Amazon and be sure to try these Strawberry Cream Pie Popsicles! Feel free to leave a comment below. I’d also love a tag on Instagram or Facebook @HealthyLittleVittles #healthylittlevittles if you make them. Sending you lots of well wishes and so many hugs my friends! Keepin’ it cool this summer 😉
Strawberry Cream Filling
- 16 ounces (1 lb) strawberries, tops trimmed off, cut in half
- 1 can (13.66 oz) unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 tablespoons agave/maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup almonds (I used Diamond of California)
- 1/3 cup shelled pecans (I used Diamond of California)
- 1/3 cup shelled walnuts (I used Diamond of California)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- In a medium saucepan, saute the washed and cut strawberries over medium heat until they start to reduce and get soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the filling ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool slightly while you prepare the popsicle molds (I like to add mine to a baking sheet to make getting into the freezer easier).
- Pour the filling into the popsicle molds leaving about an inch of space at the top to add the crust. Place in the freezer for about an hour.
- Make the crust by blending/processing the nuts, cinnamon, and salt together until you have a fine texture. Add in the vanilla and coconut oil and pulse until it's sticky.
- Remove the popsicles from the freezer and add the crust on top of each filling, gently packing it down tight.
- Insert the popsicle sticks into each well and freeze at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
* This is a sponsored post by Diamond of California Nuts
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.