No-bake superfood Strawberries and Cream Granola Bites that make the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert! These gluten-free, vegan bites contain real strawberries, granola, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, almond butter, cinnamon, and are naturally sweetened with maple syrup!
I’ve always been obsessed with bites. Little delicious snacks you can just grab from the fridge when the craving hits that’s loaded with superfoods is always a winner in my house. I rediscovered my love for energy bites after I developed my Carrot Cake Granola Bites and got the idea to do a strawberries and cream version for summer!
Using granola in this healthy snack offers that little bit of crunch for all your crunchy snack lovers! And whatever gluten-free granola is your fav, you can use it in these bites! I used real strawberries in this recipe, but if you find they make the batter too moist- yes, I used the word moist 😉 you can always try to use freeze-dried strawberries instead!
The coconut butter cream shell isn’t a must, but definitely takes these from strawberry granola bites to strawberries and cream granola bites. I used pink pitaya powder to color the shells a light pink but you can use ground up freeze-dried strawberries to really enhance the strawberry flavor too! I just didn’t have any on hand when I made this and I was craving them hard so I improvised 😉
These Strawberries and Cream Granola Bites are so simple to make, you simply blend the strawberries with granola, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, almond butter, maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract and then stir in almond and coconut flour until you have a cookie dough-like consistency. Then using a tablespoon of batter, roll them into balls dip them into the melted coconut butter and chill them in the fridge for about a half an hour to harden and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 30 bites, but they go fast because you really can’t just eat one! As long as the granola you buy isn’t loaded with sugar (be sure to read the label!) these little morsels are naturally sweetened too, so you can feel good about snacking on these superfood bites and eating more than one.
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 cups granola
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
Cream Coconut Butter Shell
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon pink pitaya powder, for coloring if desired
- In a food processor or blender pulse the strawberries into very fine pieces. Add the granola along with the chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, and pure vanilla extract and pulse to combine.
- Add the almond butter and maple syrup and pulse until well incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into a medium bowl and fold in almond and coconut flour, adding more if needed until the mixture isn't too sticky.
- Using 1 tablespoon of batter, roll them into balls and chill for about 15 minutes before enjoying.
- To coat them in a vanilla coconut butter shell, simply melt the coconut butter in a bowl and add the vanilla and pink pitaya powder if using. Roll each ball in the melted coconut butter to coat well and then place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet then place them in the fridge to chill and harden. Keep them stored in the fridge.