This Sautéed Cherry and Thyme Toast features your favorite gluten-free bread, toasted and slathered with dairy-free cream cheese then topped with sauteed cherries and fresh thyme. Drizzle agave or honey over top for the perfect finishing touch to this healthy, flavorful breakfast!
My ROASTED STRAWBERRY RICOTTA TOAST sure had it’s moment on the web so I wanted to create another delicious toast recipe and since we are still in the midst of cherry season, what better summer toast topping is there than sautéed cherries?!
It’s no secret that I have been posting lots of cherry recipes on Instagram, I have been completely obsessed with them this summer. They make the most perfect snack and since I discovered my handy dandy cherry pitting tool you can shove handfuls of fresh cherries in your mouth at a time, haha!
This Sauteed Cherry and Thyme Toast is so flavorful, but yet so easy- perfect for a no-fuss summer brekkie or snack. Toast your favorite gluten-free bread, slather on some dairy-free cream cheese and then top with juice, sautéed cherries. Then drizzle with honey or agave syrup and garnish with fresh thyme. You could also top your gluten-free toast with my HOMEMADE VEGAN RICOTTA CHEESE if desired and that would be so delicious too!
This recipe has been super popular since being shared by the Feed Feed that I decided to give it a permanent home on the Healthy Little Vittles blog! 🙂 I hope you enjoy it too! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you make this delicious Sautéed Cherry and Thyme Toast!
- Gluten-free bread, toasted
- Dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon tapioca/arrowroot/cornstarch
- Fresh thyme
- Agave/honey for drizzling
- Wash and pit the cherries and then add them to a medium saucepan with the maple syrup, vanilla, and tapioca/arrowroot/cornstarch and heat over medium heat for about 15 minutes stirring frequently until the cherries become soft and reduce.
- Toast the bread and then spread cream cheese over the slices.
- Spoon some sautéed cherries over top and then garnish with fresh thyme and drizzle with agave or honey! Keep leftover cherries stored in an airtight container in the fridge.