This Roasted Creamy Tomato Carrot Soup features fresh roasted tomatoes, carrots, and onion seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, then blended with plant-based milk, vegetable broth, and garlic for the perfect plant-based, nourishing creamy soup!
Sliding into soup season with this Roasted Creamy Tomato Carrot Soup! It’s so easy to make and so flavorful you’ll be skipping the store-bought tomato soup and keeping a batch of this delicious vegan, gluten-free, plant-based soup in your freezer at all times! My family raved about this soup- my four and two year old included, so it’s also kid approved!
All you do is roast tomatoes, carrots, and onion with a little bit of avocado or olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper for 25-30 minutes. Then you blend the roasted veggies with vegetable broth, garlic, and plant milk until it is smooth and creamy. Garnish with roasted tomatoes (if you remember to reserve some after roasting), fresh basil, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, and more plant milk, if desired. SO.GOOD.
I mean, it can’t get simpler than that people. The recipe will easily serve 6-8 people, and you can also freeze some of this Roasted Creamy Tomato Carrot Soup for a busy weeknight meal served with vegan, gluten-free grilled cheese!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups grape/cherry tomatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 tablespoons avocado/olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plant milk
- roasted tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- plant milk
- balsamic vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash all the produce, then quarter the large tomatoes and chop the carrots and onion into chunks. It doesn't matter how big or small because you're going to be blending them anyway.
- Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado/olive oil, then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the skins of the tomatoes are wrinkly.
- Meanwhile, place the vegetable broth, plant milk, and minced garlic in a blender. Add the roasted veggies when they are done and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into bowls, then garnish as desired and serve! Refrigerate leftovers and eat within 2 days or freeze for another meal later on!