Kicking off Vegan-uary with this Roasted Cauliflower Soup combines roasted cauliflower, onion, celery and garlic with avocado, oat milk, and cumin for the perfect light and nourishing plant-based winter soup!
One thing I love more than decorating a beautiful bowl of soup is enjoying it on a cold winter night. There’s just something so comforting and cozy about soup that makes it one of my favorite dishes to make. This Roasted Cauliflower Soup gets extra bonus points for not only bringing the cozy vibes, but also for its simplicity. Watch this Instagram Reel to see just how easy this soup is to make!
And of course it’s loaded with nutrients. The cauliflower combined with celery, onion and garlic give this plant-based soup a very light and fresh taste. For extra creaminess we’re going to combine avocado with vegetable broth and oat milk (or other plant milk).
To spice it up a bit (not spicy!) we’re going to add ground cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. And for just a tad of cheesy flavor, and to bump up the b vitamins, we’re going to add a couple of tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
To make this Roasted Cauliflower Soup, you roughly chop the veggies, drizzle them with avocado/olive oil and roast in the oven for 25 minutes. While the veggies are roasting, add the vegetable broth, oat milk, avocado and spices to a blender or food processor, then add the roasted veggies when they are done.
Blend until smooth, or if you like a chunkier soup feel free to reserve some of the veggies, or don’t blend quite as long. To top it off, garnish this soup with fresh microgreens, roasted pistachios, pumpkin seeds, and pine nuts, and chopped dates for just a touch of sweetness. Sprinkle with some everything bagel seasoning or just salt and pepper and enjoy! Who said plant-based, vegan, gluten-free food had to be boring?! 😉
If you’re a soup lover like me, check out these other roasted veggie soup recipes:
ROASTED BROCCOLI POTATO TAHINI SOUP
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH CARROT SOUP
ROASTED CREAMY TOMATO CARROT SOUP
- 3 cups (10 ounces) cauliflower florets
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 large stalks of celery
- 3 tablespoons avocado/olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups oat milk (or other plant milk)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh micro greens
- toasted pine nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds
- 3-4 dates, chopped
- everything bagel seasoning (or just more salt and pepper to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Chop the cauliflower, celery, and onion in large chunks and place them on a baking sheet. Peel the cloves of garlic and place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle the veggies with the oil and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the vegetable broth, oat milk, avocado, cumin, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder to a blender/food processor. When the veggies are done, add them to the blender and blend until you achieve the desired consistency. Blend longer if you want a smooth soup and less time if you like a chunkier soup.
- If you need to warm it up more, you can microwave it for a minute or heat it in a saucepan via stovetop.
- Garnish with fresh microgreens, toasted nuts and seeds, chopped dates and then sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning or more salt and pepper.