This Roasted Broccoli Potato Tahini Soup is an easy, healthy dinner loaded with plant-based nutrients. The savory roasted broccoli combined with the potato makes the perfect thick and creamy texture and the tahini adds the best finishing nutty flavor to this warming, filling soup. Add a handful of raw kale for that extra green goodness!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mighty Sesame Co. The opinions and text are all mine. The product used in this recipe was sent to me as a gift, thank you so much!
Every year around this time my cravings for soup are in full force and this year, more than ever, I am really enjoying developing these savory soup recipes filled with nourishing, warming seasonal produce. This Roasted Broccoli Potato Tahini Soup fits right into that category, boasting not only with flavor and nutrients, and the most gorgeous color, but is also loaded with protein and calcium!
Yes, you read that right… protein and calcium from plant sources! The combination of broccoli and tahini, which is a match made in heaven by the way, bumps up the plant-based protein as well as the calcium making this a hero of a meal all on its own. And today I’m using the amazing creamy, organic tahini from Mighty Sesame Co.!
Mighty Sesame’s one-ingredient, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO tahini comes in a super convenient shake and squeeze bottle, not in a goopy jar where stirring is needed. This cuts down on prep (and clean up!) time and also allows you to squeeze an extra drizzle on top for a gorgeous soup garnish! Mighty Sesame Co. organic tahini is of highest quality offering this soup a delicious burst of nutty flavor, I’m a huge fan!
You’ll get a thick and creamy soup by adding roasted potatoes and a cup of plant milk. And the gorgeous green color of the soup comes from the addition of raw kale (hello an additional nutrient boost!) blended in right at the end. I personally love the flavor of roasted vegetables with a little avocado oil, salt and pepper. It’s the perfect combination of flavors to keep this Roasted Broccoli Potato Tahini Soup on your weekly rotation all winter long!
The nutritional yeast gives this soup just a hint of that broccoli cheese soup flavor- and of course another nutrient boost. I mean, we’re talking the hero of soups here, friends. The garnishings on top are totally optional, but I love a picture perfect soup, so adding a drizzle of avocado oil, Mighty Sesame Co. Organic Tahini, sesame seeds, roasted broccoli and potatoes, along with some micro greens was plating perfection! You can really impress your guests by reserving a few of the roasted veggies and adding them on top with a drizzle of tahini right from the bottle! 😉
Head on over to Mighty Sesame Co. to stock up on a high-quality organic tahini and don’t forget to leave a comment below. Tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you make this Roasted Broccoli Potato Tahini Soup recipe! I hope you enjoy it and it leaves you satisfied and nourished.
- 12 oz (340 g) organic broccoli florets
- 2 small russet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/2 large onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons avocado/olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plant milk (such as flax, oat, coconut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- 1/4 cup Mighty Sesame Co. Organic Tahini
- 2 cups kale leaves
- sesame seeds
- roasted vegetables
- avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add the broccoli to a parchment-lined baking sheet along with the peeled and diced potatoes, quartered onion, and garlic cloves. Drizzle with the avocado/olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place the vegetable broth, plant milk, and tahini in a blender and blend for a few seconds to combine. Add the roasted veggies when they are done (reserving a few for garnishing if desired). Add the raw kale leaves and blend on high until the soup is smooth and creamy, or until desired consistency. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Garnish with roasted veggies, a drizzle of tahini and avocado/olive oil, sesame seeds, and microgreens if you choose and enjoy!
* The soup shouldn't require heating as it should be warm from roasting the veggies, but if you need to heat it up you can do so in the microwave or in a saucepan.
** This soup was developed for Mighty Sesame Co.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 685Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 974mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 10gSugar: 8gProtein: 21g
this is only an approximate calculation