This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Taylor Farms. The opinions and text are all mine. The product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
So here’s how my day went: I woke up to both babies screaming- one because she was hungry, the other because he dropped his favorite dinosaur out of his crib. We then proceeded to slide downhill with everything being a catastrophie (talk about the terrible twos) and a growth spurt where eating non-stop seemed to be the only thing that would satisfy my little miss. I know you mammas feel me, I barely had time to brush my teeth and change out of my pajamas before the next mood would strike and super mommy was called to the rescue. Which by the way, my “super powers” seem to be losing their pizzazz these days. Sometimes that makes for a quick day (even with how exhausting it might be) but before I know it I’m scrounging up whatever I can find in the fridge to make a suitable, health conscious meal for everyone. I hope ya’ll don’t mind me venting a little… but read on, I promise it gets better and a lot yummier! 😉
Taylor Farms to the rescue! This Tangerine Crunch Salad Kit certainly holds its own- it’s a fantastic healthy ready-made option for those busy days when time seems to just fly by and you’re scrambling trying to come up with a decent lunch or dinner. But it also allows provides you with the already-packaged-for-you ingredients to get creative in the kitchen and make yourself a scrumptious meal, like I did with these gluten-free, vegan Quinoa Falafel Tangerine Crunch Wraps.
I literally had the salad for lunch and made these wraps for dinner. All I had to do was bake up some of my favorite gluten-free, vegan quinoa falafel to add into these wraps and voila! Two different meals using one scrumptious salad kit!
May also just happens to be National Salad Month, so what perfect timing to celebrate their new Tangerine Crunch Salad Kit! As I said earlier, this salad is delicious on its own, but oh.my.gosh. these gluten-free wraps are for sure going to be on my menu all summer long!
I would venture to say that salads have been one of the more popular recipes for me to develop and create. Take for example my Kaniwa Pear Salad , 3-Leaf Curried Kale Salad, or Spring Detox Mason Jar Salads. I personally love salads because they are simple, they are loaded with nutrients (if you don’t load on the nasty dressings), and they satisfy even the steak n’ potato, burger and fries kinda guy. But I don’t have any good gluten-free, vegan wraps on the blog yet (like what?!) so I found this to be the ideal opportunity to do so, and nothing like starting out with a killer wrap recipe!
Let’s take a closer peek, shall we? This recipe uses all the ingredients in the Taylor Farms Tangerine Crunch Salad Kit plus a few additions of my own:
☆ lettuce (from the salad kit)
☆ dried cranberries (from the salad kit- plus more if you’d like)
☆ quinoa + almond crunch (included in the salad kit)
☆ red onion (optional- not included in the salad kit)
☆ tangerine (optional- not included in the salad kit)
☆ arugula (optional- not included in the salad kit)
☆ 20-minute mini quinoa falafel
☆ yogurt tangerine sauce (I combined dairy-free yogurt with the dressing that came in the kit)
☆ mint leaves (optional)
Super fresh. Super flavorful. Super healthy. Super easy! I hope you love these Quinoa Falafel Tangerine Crunch Wraps as much as my family and I do! Don’t forget to comment below and tag me on Instagram and Facebook if you make these! #VittleMeThis #GoToGreens
Mini Quinoa Falafel (makes 12)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, (see notes)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese, (see below for and easy homemade recipe)
- pinch salt & pepper
- gluten-free tortillas
- mini quinoa falafel
- shredded lettuce, (from the Taylor Farms Tangerine Crunch Salad Kit)
- fresh arugula, (optional)
- red onion (sliced)
- 1 tangerine
- dried cranberries, (from the Taylor Farms Tangerine Crunch Salad Kit plus more if desired)
- quinoa almond crunch (crunchy quinoa + sliced almonds), (from the Taylor Farms Tangerine Crunch Salad Kit)
Tangerine Yogurt Sauce
- tangerine dressing, (from the Taylor Farms Tangerine Crunch Salad Kit)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened/plain non-dairy yogurt
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Blend all ingredients together in your food processor/blender until very fine. Store in the refrigerator.
Mini Quinoa Falafel
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- In your food processor/blender, combine all ingredients and pulse until the chickpeas are just broken up, not so much where it turns into hummus. The mixture should stick together as you roll them into balls
- Using about a heaping tablespoon, roll into balls (you should get 12) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway in between
Tangerine Yogurt Sauce
- Stir the tangerine dressing that comes in the salad kit into 1/2 cup of dairy-free yogurt until well combined
Assemble Your Wraps
- Place lettuce and arugula in your gluten-free tortillas, followed by 2-3 mini falafel, dried cranberries, tangerine slices, sliced red onion, and quinoa almond crunch mixture. Top with tangerine yogurt sauce and enjoy!
** for the quinoa- I made 1 serving of cooked quinoa per my package directions. I had a ton leftover, but that just means meal prep for another night of the week is easier! I used 1 cup of uncooked quinoa with 1.5 cups of water and prepared it according to package directions.
** vegan parmesan cheese is from Minimalist Baker. I double this and keep it on hand in my fridge because I use it so often!