This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of New Chapter®, maker of whole-food, science-based vitamins and supplements. The opinions and text are all my own. The product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
In case you were wondering if chocolate peanut butter cups can get any better- they most certainly can. Enter into the new and improved, all dolled up way to indulge on the classic cure for your sweet tooth, but in a healthier way!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to the classics, and sometimes it’s just better not to mess with- but I assure you, you’ll be glad I messed with the traditional peanut butter cup.
First of all, you’re crazy if you don’t love chocolate, but I still love you. If you’re reading this post though, I imagine you have some sort of at least like for chocolate. For me, anything chocolate ranks right up there on the list of my favorite foods. And these Protein Almond Butter Cups with Strawberry Chia Jam might just have the new number one spot on that list.
So other than the peanut butter cup getting a glitzed and glammed makeover, what makes these so spectacular? Well I’ll tell you:
☆ they are made with dark chocolate and New Chapter®‘s new Complete Organic Plant Protein+ Powder!
☆ they have a sweet layer of strawberry chia jam- I mean…YUM! Also loaded with some great health benefits.
☆ they are allergy friendly made with almond butter instead of peanut butter, plus the protein powder is soy-free and dairy-free.
☆ they are naturally sweetened, which means they still satisfy your sweet tooth but aren’t loaded with added sugars like the kind you might find at the store.
☆ something about them has a hint of Oreo flavor, perhaps the addition of the vanilla protein powder mixed with the chocolate, I have no idea- but daannngg these are so good they should be illegal!
So now you know a few reasons why you should totally make these gluten-free, vegan, naturally sweetened dessert cups, but I also want to tell you a little bit about why I love New Chapter®‘s new Complete Organic Plant Protein+ Powder.
Other than the fact that it’s plant-based, non-GMO, organic, gluten-free, soy-free, and certified vegan, New Chapter’s signature blend is enriched with organic superfoods and clinically studied digestive enzymes making this protein powder much easier to digest than pea or whey protein isolates. These natural plant enzymes provide this powder with a boost that prevents protein bloat and discomfort while still providing you with 20 grams of protein per serving! Oh and there’s also zero grams of sugar making this an optimal complete and clean protein choice. Easily enjoyable mixed in your favorite liquid enjoyed as a shake, but I’ll bet your new favorite “liquid” of choice is melted chocolate that just magically gets stuffed with almond butter and strawberry chia jam wink.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*recipe inspired by Crowded Kitchen
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 12 medium-large strawberries
- 1/4 cup raw white chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
Almond Butter Cups
- 1.5 cups (9 oz) dark chocolate (chips or chunks)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 serving/scoop New Chapter®'s new Complete Organic Plant Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ~12 tsp unsweetened almond butter, (you'll add 1 tsp almond butter to each cup)
Strawberry Chia Jam
- Blend your strawberries, maple syrup and water until smooth
- Pour into a bowl and stir in your chia seeds. Place in the fridge to thicken for about an hour
Almond Butter Cups
- Melt your chocolate and coconut oil over low heat in a small sauce pan
- Stir in the almond milk and then the protein powder
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a food processor/blender and blend until smooth adding more almond milk if needed. You should have a slightly thick but very smooth pudding-like chocolate mixture
- Line your mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners
- Add about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture in each cup and using a pastry brush, brush the chocolate up the sides of the cup filling all the folds
- **NOTE: you'll want it to be pretty thick up the sides
- Place in the freezer to harden for about 10-15 minutes
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of almond butter to each cup
- Add about 1 teaspoon of strawberry chia jam on top of the almond butter
- **NOTE: make sure to leave room for chocolate on top- you may need to add a little less that a teaspoon of almond butter and chia jam
- Finally, add about 1 teaspoon of chocolate over top of the chia jam and spread it so that it covers the jam completely
- Place back in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until they harden
- Thaw slightly (about 5 minutes) before eating and store in the freezer or refrigerator