Alright y’all, I’m gonna let you in on a little secret… I don’t like carrots. There! I said it! Sad, I know… BUT I’m here today to tell you these oven roasted tri-colored babies have totally changed my mind! I never thought I would used the words ‘carrots’ and ‘delicious’ in the same sentence- but seriously take it from me you’re going to want in on this recipe. I’m definitely thinking about adding this side dish to my weekly menu because these carrots are quick + simple + easy + delicious!
I got the tri-colored carrots mostly because I knew how gorgeous they would look in a photo #lifeofanartist but you could make this side dish with the regular ol’ orange carrots too and it would still be delish. Wow… there I go again using carrots and delicious in the same sentence! The garlic tahini “yogurt” sauce might be the best part of this dish. I made mine a bit thick, but you could certainly thin it out and drizzle it on top of your carrots instead.
The pomegranate seeds add just the right hint of sweetness and the toasted pumpkin seeds (my second favorite part of this dish) bring that nutty flavor that completes that magic happening in your mouth, so seriously- don’t skip it! If you’re like me and do not carrot all for carrots (see what I did there… common, you guys know my love for a good punny line by now- I blame my hubby), then go ahead and give these babies a try. I bet you’ll like them! And if you love carrots, then you will surely love these!
- 3 large bunches carrots, (if you can't find the tri-colored, regular orange carrots will work)
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, (I buy mine frozen, but you can also use fresh)
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Garlic Tahini "Yogurt" Sauce, (below)
Garlic Tahini "Yogurt" Sauce
- 5.3 oz cup dairy free yogurt, (I used Rippl plain greek stylel)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Wash your carrots and cut the stems off. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt + pepper and place in the oven. Roast for about 20 minutes
- While your carrots are roasting, make your sauce by blending all ingredients together until smooth
- **NOTE: If it's too thick and you desire a thinner sauce, just add water 1 tsp at a time
- Toast your pumpkin seeds by adding them to a small skillet and heating them over medium heat until they start to pop
- **NOTE: shake the skillet frequently to prevent them from burning
- Garnish your carrots with toasted pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley