This easy 30-minute One-Pot Smoked Paprika Corn Chowder recipe is perfect for weeknight cozy dinners and meat-free meals. This vegan, gluten-free soup is made with simple ingredients and just a little spice to kick your average corn chowder up a notch.
Corn chowder. Can I be honest? I’ve never made it. Actually, I’m not sure I’ve had it more than like once or twice in my whole life. True story. I like corn, but I’m not like in love with it… until this summer. This summer my family and I had LOTS of corn on the Cobb from the local farmer’s markets. My 3-year old son loves corn… and when your toddler likes something you run with it!
I’ve been seeing lots of corn chowders on Instagram lately, so I took that as a sign to make my own version. And I’ll tell ya what, this soup did not disappoint my high expectations. It checks all the boxes: easy, healthy, quick, delicious. And the potential for leftovers is sky-high. Who doesn’t love a cook-once-eat-twice opportunity?!
I knew I already loved my Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, so I adapted this One-Pot Smoked Paprika Corn Chowder from that and really enhanced the flavor with a very healthy dash of smoked paprika powder. One pot and no slow cooker needed, unless you want to throw it together and let it simmer while you’re at work equals the perfect weeknight fall dish.
Here’s what you need:
Canned/frozen corn, potato, celery, onion, carrots, garlic, vegetable broth, plant milk, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, vegan cheddar cheese, salt & pepper, and parsley for garnishing. That’s it! Perfect for your fall weeknight dinner menu.
Then you simply sauté your veggies in a big stock pot with some olive oil, add all of the other ingredients, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 25 minutes. That’s it!
I mean, it truly can’t get any simpler here people. The clean ingredients also leave you feeling full, and satisfied without all the added junk. My challenge to you this week? Try making your own corn chowder at home and notice the difference in taste and how it makes you feel.
So as we are head into soup season, let’s keep it simple yet comforting with one very flavorful VEGAN corn chowder! Be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook @HealthyLittleVittles #healthylittlevittles if you make this One-Pot Smoked Paprika Corn Chowder. Sending you all the cozy fall vibes!
- 3 cans (~3 cups) frozen/canned corn
- 1 russet potato, peeled
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced (1 cup)
- 3 carrots (1 cup), sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 oz (2 cups) vegetable broth
- 3 cups plant milk
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese, plus more for garnishing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil, for sauteing vegetables
- parsley, for garnishing
- In a large stockpot, add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sautee the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are soft, add the potatoes, corn, vegetable broth, plant milk, salt, pepper.
- Stir in the smoked paprika, and nutritional yeast and bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat to simmer and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- A few minutes before serving, add the vegan cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
*note: if you like a thicker soup, you can let it set up a bit or add a soup thickener like tapioca/arrowroot/corn starch.