Your gluten-free breakfast just got good again! Not only are these Mini Everything Bagels darling and easy to make, they aren’t hard as a rock and remain allergy-friendly. Egg-free, dairy-free, yeast-free, gluten-free and grain-free never tasted so good!
This recipe is a combination of 3 of my favorite things:
1- a cute and tiny version of everyone’s favorite bagel.
2- carbs, carbs, carbs… but in the gluten-free, grain-free, better-for-you way!
3- everything.bagel.spice. Because who the heck doesn’t love that stuff?!
I’ve been dreaming of everything bagels for a while now. And although these aren’t 100% comparable to the gluten-filled, yeast-y, egg-y kind, they certainly satisfied my craving for an everything bagel and vegan cream cheese. They only require 8 ingredients and 45 minutes to get from bowl to belly, unless you want them toasted, then you’ll need a whopping 3 extra minutes, haha. They are soft and moist, perfectly everything spiced, and make the perfect easy breakfast that doesn’t taste like cardboard!
Now if you’re a seasoned gluten-free baker, you know how that goes… barely rises, doesn’t spread, and can be very unpredictable, amiright?! So you’ll be needing a donut pan to make these Mini Everything Bagels. But don’t let all that gluten-free bashing scare you away from making these, because I assure you, they taste great! The harshest taste-tester of all, my 3 year old, approved them with flying colors, so they must be good.
When you have a hungry toddler, that also means less time to waste baking, so we just skip the whole yeast proofing and omit it altogether in this recipe! Here’s the winning flour combination: cassava flour, coconut flour, baking powder, flaxseed meal, and salt. And the only 2, yes I said two, wet ingredients you need are aquafaba (brine from a can of chickpeas- acts as egg whites!) and unsweetened coconut yogurt! Then you just go to town with the everything bagel spice, bake for 30 minutes and tah-dah!
These bagels might be mini but they talk a big game. I hope you enjoy them as much as my hubby did! haha Be sure to tag me with all your everything bagel creations on Instagram or Facebook @HealthyLittleVittles #healthylittlevittles. Sending you lots of well wishes and hugs!
- 1.5 cups (192 g) cassava flour
- 1/2 cup (64 g) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) baking powder
- 1 (6 g) teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) flaxseed meal
- 1 cup (250 mL) aquafaba (brine from 1- 15 ounce can of chickpeas)
- 1 cup (250 g) coconut yogurt, unsweetened
- Everything bagel spice
- Spray coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, beat the aquafaba on high with a hand mixer until soft peaks start to form and it becomes nice and frothy like whipped egg whites (about 3-5 minutes).
- Pour into the dry mixture and add the yogurt. Stir to combine until a dough forms (you may need to gently knead with your hands).
- Spray a 6-cavity (12.5 x 8 inch / 32 x 20.3 cm) donut pan with coconut oil and then gently press the dough into each cavity. *NOTE: you’ll want to slightly overstuff the cavity as they don’t rise a ton.
- Spray the top of each bagel with coconut oil and then sprinkle with the desired amount of everything bagel spice.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You will need 2 donut pans or you can bake in two batches.
- Allow the bagels to cool before slicing and toasting.
- Enjoy with vegan butter/cream cheese.
- Store in an airtight container on your counter and consume within a couple of days or freeze for later.