These healthier copycat Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies are made healthier with gluten-free, grain-free, naturally sweetened mint-flavored chocolate cookies coated in a decadent vegan chocolate coating for the perfect cookie treat made right at home!
Say hello to minty chocolate cookie perfection! I’m not joking when I say these Healthier Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies are perfect in every way AND a healthier version of one of America’s favorite chocolate cookies! I mean, I ate about six cookies in one day and they were all gone within two days. That’s gotta tell you something at least.
They are surprisingly easy to make too. My new favorite is coating anything in chocolate- something I haven’t really done much until the creation of my dessert book, and now I am thinking of all the tasty treats I can cover in chocolate!
The mint chocolate cookies are made gluten-free and grain-free with almond flour and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. I took my recipe for almond flour chocolate chip cookie dough, added cocoa powder, cookie cut them out and bake them for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool and then submerge them in a melted chocolatey bath. Place them in the fridge to set up and then devour!
My recommendation would be to have these on hand at all times for the perfect healthy-ish indulgent treat, trust me on that. I finished the last two last night and I’m already slotting in a time on my calendar to make my next batch, and maybe hiding them from the rest of the fam 😉
If you like the recipe for this baked version of my cookie dough, try my homemade “Cookie Crisp” Cereal! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you make these Healthier Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies!
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter/peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure mint extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 8 oz gluten-free, vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Next add in the nut/seed butter, mint, vanilla, and maple syrup and stir until a well combined cookie dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and roll it out to be approximately 1/4-inch thick. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut cookies out and place them onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Gather remaining dough and re-roll and cut until all the dough is used up.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl for approximately 1 mintue. Stir until the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Fully submerge each cookie into the melted chocolate, using a fork to flip it and fish it out of the bowl. Place each cookie back onto the parchment paper to set up.
- Place the cookies in the fridge to harden and then enjoy!