This Haskap Berry Cheesecake is made with a gluten-free, vegan, grain-free crust that is baked for 20 minutes, filled with a creamy vegan, no-bake haskap berry cheesecake filling and topped with a layer of haskap berry gel for the perfect superfood cheesecake dessert!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sweet Prairie Haskap. The opinions and text are all mine. The hasp juice used in this recipe was sent to me as a gift, thank you so much!
What a super fun recipe I have for you today my friends! I am so excited about this Haskap Berry Cheesecake recipe for so many reasons, I cannot wait to dive into how scrumptious this vegan cheesecake is- but first I am sure you are asking yourself what in the world Haskap is! It is my pleasure to introduce you one of the most powerful superfruits you have never heard of!
The Haskap berry, sometimes referred to as “the berry of long life” offers 3 times the antioxidants and 4 times the anthocyanins & quercetin (flavonoids with antioxidant effects that give them their pigmentation) of blueberries and acai berries and is loaded with vitamin C making it one of the healthiest foods on the planet! Why didn’t I know about the holy grail of superfruits until this year?! Well thanks to my partnership with Sweet Prairie Haskap I am super excited to start including haskap into my diet and even more excited to be able to teach you all about these potent little berries too!
Let’s dive a little bit deeper into the amazing benefits of Sweet Prairie Haskap Juice, and then I’m going to share this delicious berry cheesecake recipe using the haskap juice with you too! So what can Haskap do for you?
☆ highly immunity boosting and anti-inflammatory – inflammation in the body can lead to disease and cancer
☆ studies show a strong correlation between use of haskap and the reduction of oxidative stress and free radicals in the body
☆ provides a natural energy and focus boost
☆ research shows it may aid in heart health
☆ can improve your skin tone
☆ can help the body recover faster from illness and injury
☆ a wonderful source plant-based protein
If that isn’t enough to persuade you to hop on the Haskap Juice train I don’t know what will, haha!
Haskap orchards are native to Canada led by Marg and Bill Sullivan in Saskatchewan, Canada, but we are also able to enjoy this powerful juice in the United States thanks to Courtney and Mark Wilson and their two adorable daughters. What a special, sweet family-owned business that I am proud to support. You can find more informational videos on their website, so be sure to check those out! The other thing I love about this juice is that the serving size is two tablespoons a day – so while it may seem expensive, it should last almost two weeks. I keep it stored in my fridge and just take a sip a couple times of day, YUM!
Now onto this scrumptious vegan, gluten-free Haskap Berry Cheesecake! The gluten-free, grain-free crust is made with almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut oil. The creamy vegan cheesecake filling is made with a mixture of cashews, vegan butter, coconut milk, sunflower seed butter, flax eggs, maple syrup, almond extract, lemon juice, and the star of this recipe- haskap berry juice to give it that superfood boost and gorgeous lavender color!
I was going to leave the recipe at that, but I thought it would be fun to add a haskap jello-like topping, and I’m so glad I did! Not only does it elevate the look of this cheesecake, but I love the different textures this vegan cheesecake has, and again features the fabulous haskap berry juice! It’s made with haskap juice, water, agave or maple syrup, almond extract and agar agar powder (vegan gelatin).
You simply mix all of the crust ingredients together in your food processor (or you may stir it together in a bowl), press into a 9-inch springform pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes. While that is baking, boil the cashews so they are soft, then blend them with the rest of the cheesecake filling ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pour over top of the crust and chill in the fridge for about 4 hours. Boil the jello topping ingredients together in a small saucepan, let it cool, pour over top of the cheesecake and then chill the cheesecake overnight (for best results).
I really hope that you’ll try some Sweet Prairie Haskap Berry Juice, I have been enjoying it for a few months and I can testify that it’s a powerhouse! The reason it’s so expensive is because it’s 100 percent organic haskap berries and just a bit of purified water. You may be able to find it in stores in the vitamin supplements area, but you can also purchase it on Amazon and of course their website.
I’m so grateful to promote their product and connect with others who share my interest in the happiness and freedom good health provides through nature’s “medicine”. Be sure to leave a comment below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Haskap Berry Filling
- 5 flax eggs (5 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 3/4 cup water)
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup plant/vegan butter
- 1 can coconut milk, solid part only
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Prairie Haskap Berry Juice
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Haskap Gel Topping
- 1/3 cup haskap juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup agave/maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place all of the crust ingredients in a food processor or bowl and mix until a dough forms. Press the crust into a 9-inch springform pan and bake for 20 mintues.
- While the crust is baking, place the cashews in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil the cashews for 15 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Make the flax eggs by mixing the flaxseed meal with water and let it sit for 5 minutes to "gel" up.
- Place the cashews and all other filling ingredients in a food processor/blender and blend until smooth. Pour the filling over the crust and place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up.
- Make the gel topping by bringing all of the haskap gel topping ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan whisking frequently. Allow the mixture to cool before pouring over top of the cheesecake and then place it back into the refrigerator, overnight for best results.
- Garnish with fresh berries if desired. Keep the cheesecake stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
** This is a sponsored post developed for Sweet Prairie Haskap
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.