This Easy Vegan Lemon Curd is made with only 5 ingredients and is refined sugar-free! It only takes about 10 minutes to make and is perfect to layer between cakes, pipe into cupcakes or cookies, serve with crepes, pancakes, or waffles, or to make lemon bars or a lemon tart with!
This Easy Vegan Lemon Curd is the perfect combination of tart and sweet to get you in the mood for all the Spring and Summer treats. It’s wonderful to use in all sorts of recipes such as my Lemon Ricotta Waffles, serving with pancakes or Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, layering it between cakes, piping it into cupcakes or cookies, or just eating by the spoonful out of the jar… no judgement here! And yes, it’s that good! Just look at this texture!
This recipe could not be easier to make. All you need is 2-3 small lemons, pure maple syrup, plant milk- which I used flax milk- but you can use your plant milk of choice, lemon zest, and tapioca starch/flour making this recipe not only vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, but also grain free! Say wahhhh???! I love that you can replace cane sugar with maple syrup in this lemon curd and it totally works! Maple syrup is my go-to sweetener for almost all of my recipes.
I mean, seriously, watch this ASMR reel that I made on Instagram to see just how simple this lemon curd recipe truly is…
Let me know how it goes down below in the comments section, I would love to hear how you’re using this Easy Vegan Lemon Curd, as well as giving it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating so that others can discover this healthy, vegan, naturally sweetened alternative! Tag me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest!
* This recipe was adapted from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2-3 small lemons)
- 1/2 cup plant milk (I used flax milk, but you can use oat, almond, cashew, coconut, etc.)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour/starch + 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- pinch of turmeric for color (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the tapioca starch/flour and water until the tapioca is fully dissolved. This will be the thickening agent.
- Heat a small pot over medium heat and add the lemon juice, plant milk, maple syrup, and tapioca mixture. Whisk to combine. Now mix in the lemon zest and turmeric (if using). Whisking frequently until the curd thickens, about 5 minutes. You may need to whisk vigorously as it thickens to ensure a smooth curd.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heat safe container to cool. Enjoy warm or cool, it will thicken more as it cools. You can store it in the fridge for up to a week.
**recipe adapted from It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken