This Copycat True Food Kitchen Tahini Harissa Cauliflower side dish was inspired by the Charred Cauliflower starter from True Food Kitchen! My version adds broccoli and swaps out the pistachios for toasted pumpkin seeds! The tahini harissa sauce is easy to make at home with a few simple spices, and of course garnish with lots of fresh dill! Gluten-free, vegan, nut-free.
Obsessed. Crave. OMG. That’s what comes to mind when I think of True Food’s Charred Cauliflower starter on their summer menu. I fell in love with it at first bite, and while it’s perfection as they created it, I needed to make my own version of it so I could have it whenever I pleased- which is like every dang day people, haha. This way, I can also tailor it to fit my dietary needs. I kept it very similar because why mess with perfection?! But I also decided to add broccoli, swap out the pistachios for toasted pumpkin seeds, and make my own “harissa”-style spice blend with what I had on hand.
My hubby was really impressed with how much it did taste like True Food’s version. And this dish could not be simpler to make. I ate mine as the full entree, but you can also serve this as a side dish. Either way, it only takes 30 minutes to make and is so flavorful you’ll be saying “mmmm” with every bite! You’ll roast the cauliflower and broccoli in the oven for 30 minutes, and in the meantime you’ll prepare the tahini harissa sauce, chop the dates and prep the dill.
Once the cauliflower and broccoli start to crisp and are soft you’ll remove from the oven, toss in the sauce, chopped dates, dill, and toasted pumpkin seeds and serve! That’s it!
And I know I’m not the only one who loves this dish- my foodie friend Casey over at The Mindful Hapa also created her own version of True Food’s Charred Cauliflower too! Be sure to check her recipe out as well 🙂
I would love to hear what you think of this Copycat True Food Kitchen Tahini Harissa Cauliflower! Especially if you’re a fan of True Food Kitchen’s recipe. Be sure to leave a comment below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
- 16 ounces cauliflower and broccoli florets, fresh preferred
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 5 dates, chopped
- ~ 3 tablespoons dill, minced, plus more for garnishing
Tahini Harissa Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, avocado oil and garlic together- then spread it in a single layer onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing occassionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Chop the dates and mince the dill.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and broccoli back into the large bowl, add the sauce, dates, dill, and toasted pumpkin seeds and toss to combine. Be sure to coat all of the cauliflower and broccoli with the sauce. Serve and garnish with more fresh dill and toasted pumpkin seeds if desired.
**This recipe was inspired by True Food Kitchen.