A healthy spin on your favorite childhood cereal! This “Cookie Crisp” Cereal is made with only 7 ingredients and is gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, and ready in just 30 minutes! And if you don’t feel like enjoying with milk, they make the perfect low-sugar snack, not to mention they are the most adorable little cookies!
Ahhhh cereal how I’ve missed you… Guys, I used to be a cereal addict. I didn’t care what meal it was, I was always down for a big bowl (or two) of any sugar-packed cereal. I could probably mention at least ten cereals that were “my favorite” and all of them had more sugar than anyone should consume in a week let alone in one sitting. Not to mention it’s so easy to pour a bowl, splash in some milk and be stuffing my face in less that 2 minutes. That’s hard to beat.
But as I started to really pay more attention to what I was putting in my body as fuel, sadly cereal didn’t make the cut. There are some pretty decent “healthy” cereals out there now, but I still have issues finding a cereal that checked all the boxes. Gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, low sugar… it doesn’t exist I’m afraid, at least I haven’t discovered it yet. This “Cookie Crisp” Cereal really does check all the boxes, and it makes me feel good about knowing exactly what is going in it.
The other fantastic thing about this “Cookie Crisp” Cereal is that if you’re not feeling like cereal, they make a great little snack without the milk. But I suggest trying it with milk because YUM. They do get soggy relatively quickly, so I suggest starting with a small bowl but who doesn’t dip their cookies in milk to soak up all that milk anyway?!
Now I know what you’re thinking… “That’s a lot of work for a bowl or two of cereal”. Trust me, that’s why it’s taken me so long to bring myself to develop a cereal recipe. But then the whole pancake cereal trend hit on Instagram and Tik Tok and I just had to jump on board. Are you team pancake cereal ? or team cookie crisp cereal ??!
There’s just something about shoving spoonfuls of cookies and milk in my mouth that sounded way more appealing… so I went for it and wow, it did not disappoint. Craving satisfied ? (but those baby pancakes are really darn cute ?). Anyway, that’s how this “Cookie Crisp” Cereal recipe was born.
And I’m going to argue that it’s totally worth it. It seems tedious, but I promise it goes super fast, and you’ll actually get 5 cups out of it! The cookie dough takes about 5 minutes to throw together and is made with:
☆ almond flour
☆ baking powder
☆ mini chocolate chips
☆ maple syrup
☆ nut/seed butter
☆ pure vanilla extract
Then you simply roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper and use a 1-inch circular cookie cutter to cut out all your mini cookies! Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake in your oven for only 10-12 minutes. OR you can also roll a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough with your hands into balls and bake them that way. That’s a tad bit easier I think. All-in-all this recipe only takes about 30 minutes, and it’s really fun to make with the kiddos too 🙂
I am going to forewarn you though, the cookie dough is a delicious treat too, so try not to eat it all before baking 😉 But if you do find yourself in love with the dough used in this “Cookie Crisp” Cereal recipe, check out my Matcha Cookie Dough Cups or my Cookie Dough Stuffed Dates because they both feature this cookie dough!
I’ve love seeing all of you making this fun cereal recipe on Instagram already, so I hope you do try it! Don’t forget to tag me! @HealthyLittleVittles #HealthyLittleVittles Hey, maybe someday I’ll be able to mass-produce this cereal and have it available in stores! Any cereal maker helpers out there?! 😉
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond/nut/seed butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together, then stir in the vanilla, almond butter, and maple syrup until a dough forms.
- Place the cookie dough on a piece of parchment paper and then place another piece of parchment paper over top. Roll the dough out until it’s only about 1/2 and inch thick.
- With a small circular cookie cutter (mine was a small 1-inch circular cutter) cut out your mini cookies and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You can also use a 1/2 teaspoon and scoop a heaping spoonful of cookie dough and roll them into balls instead.
- Repeat the process until all the cookie dough is gone.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Snack on them right from the oven or you can actually eat them as cereal with milk! Makes 5 cups of mini cookies (depending on the size of your cookie cutter).