This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of perfectlyfree®. The opinions and text are all mine. The perfectlyfree® frozen treats mentioned in this post were sent to me as a gift from perfectlyfree® to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
Well hello there! Welcome to your new favorite summer sweet treat with perfectlyfree®! I’ve been feeling the summer heat and eating alllll those summa treats. Friends, get ready for one drippy, oozy, get your hand messy kinda dessert with these Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches!
I thought about making traditional ice cream sandwiches with my Vegan + Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I thought waffles sounded undeniably fun, I just couldn’t shake the idea from my mind. So here we are!
I think one of the things that sets my blog apart from other vegan + gluten-Free blogs is that all (well 99.9%) of my recipes are made in 30-minutes or less! It’s something I’m proud of because I know we all lead busy lives, but if you’re like me- you don’t want to sacrifice health for convenience (even though I totally get it). That’s where my favorite trusted brands come in, like perfectlyfree®! I just discovered them a few months ago.. like whhaaaaatttt have I been doing without perfectlyfree® in my life?! I probably could have made homemade ice cream for these Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches, but it would have taken triple the time, I would have only had one flavor option, and perfectlyfree® is just so darn good that it made absolute, perfect sense.
Let’s take a closer look at why perfectlyfree® frozen treats are my new fav.
“Life with food allergies can be stressful. Every day, uncertainties arise around the choices you make, not always knowing if the food in front of you is safe for you to eat. perfectlyfree® is dedicated to the mission of developing allergy-friendly foods that allow individuals and families with dietary restrictions to enjoy safe, delicious experiences.” –perfectlyfree®
They are literally speaking right to me, I mean, they made their frozen treats just for me, right?! wink. They are free from the 8 most common food allergens, which includes dairy, peanuts, tree nuts* (contains coconut), soy, egg, wheat, fish, and shellfish. Their products are also free from lactose, gluten, artificial preservatives, flavors, and colors! They are certified gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO. Guys, I think I found my soulmate. I am totally swooning.
So they make fruit bites, frozen bites, and these frozen pints! The flavors are to-die-for! If you’re a coffee lover, the caramel cafe will knock your socks off. If you love strawberries and a fruity ice cream, the strawberry sundae is wehre it’s at! And who doesn’t love a good swirly fudge ice cream?! I love them all so much. And they are so creamy! They sure can be eaten right out of the pint, but how fun are these Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches?!
And yes, they freeze well (if you don’t eat them all in one sitting). These would be super fun for your kiddos’ birthday parties, and can accommodate kids with food allergies so they don’t feel left out! And the kids that don’t have food allergies will love these too, I promise!
I could go on and on about how much I love these Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches and perfectlyfree®, but I think you get my drift, so shall we get to the recipe now or what?! Head on over to their website to find perfectlyfree® at a location near you!
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour, (I used Bob's Redmill 1:1 Baking Flour)
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 tbsp arrowroot flour/starch
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance vegan butter, (melted)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, (I used Enjoy Life)
- perfectlyfree frozen dessert, (I used all three flavors, strawberry sundae, caramel cafe, fudge swirl)
- Heat your waffle iron (I used a Belgian waffle iron)
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together, then add the wet and mix until well combined (save the chocolate chips for the very last step).
- **NOTE: I add the butter in last so that it doesn't harden back up
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips
- Spray your waffle iron with coconut oil (or other non-stick spray)
- Depending on which waffle iron you have, add 1/4 cup of batter to each waffle well and bake until golden on the outside (I used about 3/4 cup per waffle and cooked each waffle about 3-4 minutes each)
- Take your perfectlyfree frozen dessert out of the freezer about 10 minutes prior to making your ice cream sandwiches
- Let the waffles cool on a baking sheet
- Slice your waffles into desired shapes (in my case since I had a circular waffle iron, I sliced mine into triangles), take one waffle slice, fill with scoops of ice cream, then add another slice on top making a sandwich!
- ** Freeze leftovers in the freezer
** This recipe was sponsored by perfectlyfree