A sweet and fragrant Candied Amaretto Trail Mix made with a blend of cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, and chocolate chips coated in a cinnamon sugar glaze spiked with Amaretto! This mix is perfect for parties or just for a sweet snack to keep in your pantry.
If you’re looking for the next easy party mix, I have just the snack for you! This trail mix is so easy to make and is so delicious that I’m sorry to say I don’t think you’ll have any leftover from your party, so you should probably double the batch and leave half at home for later 😉
The glaze is sugar and spice and everything nice, just what a sweet glaze should be. And with a hint of Amaretto, this Candied Amaretto Trail Mix will have all of the other snacks jealous.
Here’s just how simple this trail mix is to make:
1. Roast the nuts in the oven for 8 minutes.
2. While they are roasting, whisk your glaze ingredients together in a saucepan.
3. Toss the nuts in the glaze and slightly cool. Add the raisins and chocolate chips.
4. Then place back into the oven to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
5. Cool and start snacking.
So what’s in this magical cinnamon sugar glaze that has me swooning? Sugar, duh. Cinnamon, love it. Vanilla, a must. Coconut Milk, the sneaky ingredient. Salt, of course. Amaretto, surprise! That’s it! And hey, if you’re not an amaretto fan or you would like your kids to also enjoy this sweet treat, you can go ahead and leave it out, no problem. But if you’re looking to make this a grown-up snacking experience, I highly recommend the splash of Amaretto. It adds just the perfect dynamic flavor. Plus, like, more to yourself- sorry kids, this is a mommy only snack 😉
I make sure to buy raw nuts since I’ll be roasting them in the oven myself, but if you can find raw, you can just skip the first round of roasting and move straight to the glazing and baking part.
To ensure the glaze coats the mix in a crispy shell, be sure to let it cool completely, you can even transfer it to the fridge to finish setting up. It will still be very sticky when it comes out of the oven. I recommend making this Candied Amaretto Trail Mix the day before just to give it ample time to cool before your party. But if it’s just for you, you just go right ahead and dig in, haha.
I would love a comment below if you try this trail mix and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook and use #healthylittlevittles #healthylittlesweets so I can see all your snacking excursions!
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- 1/2 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup whole raw pecans
- 1/2 cup whole peanuts
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, add sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, coconut milk, and Amaretto. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly for about 8-10 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Carefully pour the nuts into the saucepan and stir to coat the nuts with the sauce.
- Pour the coated nuts back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. They will still look sticky when they come out of the oven but they will harden as they cool. Let the candied nuts cool to room temperature and then you can place them in the fridge to cool faster if desired.
Recipe adapted from Salty Side Dish