With summer festivities being in full swing I couldn’t think of a more perfect recipe to share with you to bring to all your summer cookouts, picnics, and pool parties! These Air Fryer Churro Chips and Fruit Salsa makes the perfect healthy snack/appetizer that’s easy to make and that everyone will love.
Sponsored by Calphalon
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Calphalon. The opinions and text are all mine. The product(s) used in this recipe was sent to me as a gift, thank you so much!
Let’s just jump right in, shall we?!
Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Chips
What goes best with salsa? Chips, but of course! What goes best with fruit salsa? Homemade cinnamon sugar chips! Today I’ve teamed up with Calphalon to make this scrumptious snack recipe, and thanks to their Performance Cool Touch Air Fry Oven, these cinnamon sugar chips are extra crispy and made in just 15 minutes! Ten minutes of prep time, five minutes of air fry time.
To make these homemade churro chips you’ll need taco-sized soft tortillas, spray oil- preferably coconut or avocado oil, cinnamon, and sugar. In this recipe I’m using organic cane sugar, but you can also use coconut or date sugar. You’ll start by cutting the tortillas into 8ths using a knife or pizza cutter.
Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a medium-large bowl and whisk to combine. Then you’ll spray the the individual tortilla pieces with spray oil and coat them in the cinnamon sugar.
Place the tortilla slices onto the air fry basket and set the oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake for 5-7 minutes until crispy! Cooking goes quickly, so while you’re air frying a batch, work on coating the next batch with cinnamon sugar and frying them in batches of 16-20 pieces at a time, and also watch them closely so they don’t burn!
The Air Fry Oven
I’ve had a few different air fry ovens in the past and I have to say that they didn’t even compare to the Calphalon Air Fry Oven! For one, it preheats so quickly! With Quartz Heat Technology and Turbo Convection the oven preheats faster and provides even heat. I noticed the air frying capability of the Calphalon Air Fry Oven is far superior to any others I’ve owned, we’re talking fast and extra crispy. And I don’t know about you, but some of these countertop ovens get so hot! It kind of makes me nervous! But not this one! The Calphalon oven stays cool on the outside so I can feel confident with my kids in the kitchen and getting other tasks done while it’s running.
The Calphalon Air Fry Oven has 12 preset cooking functions: Air Fry, Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Dehydrate, Keep Warm, AND Bread Proof- which is perfect for any time, but especially for the holidays when you’re cooking multiple dishes at once, or if you need a reliable way to cook something quickly. You can also easily program two back-to-back cooking functions at once with the Step Cook function! It’s easy to clean with its non-stick interior and comes with a baking pan, 12″ pizza pan, air fry basket, wire rack, and removable crumb tray! It’s seriously the Rolls-Royce of countertop ovens 😉
The Fruit Salsa
Now that we have our delicious churro-flavored dippers, let’s talk about the delectable fruit salsa! In my version I’ve chosen to use strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, green apple, peaches, dragon fruit, and kiwi.
You’ll take half of the fruit and add it to the Calphalon ActiveSense™ Blender and then reserve the other half to chop it up into very small pieces. You’ll then combine the more blended portion with dairy-free blueberry yogurt and then fold in the chopped fruit and serve! It’s the most refreshing, healthy fruit salsa.
Let me introduce you to the Calphalon ActiveSense™ Blender! This blender is unique (for many reasons), in that it has a salsa function! The ActiveSense Technology™ uses sensors to work together with programs in the motor to adapt the speed and amount of time the blades are blending to deliver the perfect consistency. You have amazing fruit salsa in just a matter of moments!
Aside from the super cool salsa function, this ActiveSense™ Blender has 5 Food Programs total. Smoothie, Salsa, Milkshake, Juice, and Frozen Drink to ensure they get the perfect consistency every time. The Add Liquid Sensor is an alert function that lets you know if more liquid needs to be added to the jar and the consistency selection options allow for thick or thin results based on your preference. This blender also comes with a 24 oz. Blend-N-Go Cup to take your blended drink on-the-go! SUPER convenient as a busy mom taking my morning smoothies on the way out the door.
I think you’re going to love this healthy, gluten-free, vegan party snack and it will be on your party rotation all summer long! Let me know what you think down below in the comments section, as well as giving it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating so that others can discover this fun Air Fryer Churro Chips and Fruit Salsa recipe! Tag me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest!
- 1 package of 8 taco-sized tortillas
- spray coconut/avocado oil
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (may use coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 peaches
- 2 kiwi
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 large green apple, peeled
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 12 large blackberries
- 15 large raspberries
- 5.3 oz cup dairy-free blueberry yogurt
- 1/2 dragon fruit
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Stack 4 tortillas on top of one another and cut the tortillas into 8ths to make little triangles, using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Spread them out into a single layer on a piece of parchment paper and spray them with spray oil. Flip them over and spray the other side. Place them one or two at at time in the bowl of cinnamon sugar and coat both sides well. Place them back onto the parchment paper and repeat until they are all coated. Repeat these steps for the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Preheat the Calphalon Air Fry Oven to 450 degrees. Place the tortilla slices onto the air fryer wire basket in a single layer and air fry for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully so they don't burn. Remove them from the basket and place onto a plate/in a bowl and repeat for all of the tortilla pieces.
- Next, make the fruit salsa. Take half of the fruit and place it into the Calphalon ActiveSense™ Blender with the harder fruits (apple and strawberries) on the bottom. Set the blender to salsa mode and select chunky for the thickness, hit start. The texture will be like a chunky smoothie mixture.
- Chop the remaining half of fruit into small pieces. Pour the blended fruit salsa mixture into a medium bowl and add the blueberry yogurt. Stir to combine then fold in the chopped fruit. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired and serve with the churro chips!
*This is a sponsored post written for Calphalon