It’s my favorite time of the year! Despite the cold and the snow we get here in Ohio, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. I mean, God knows that I love Christmas so much that two years ago he blessed me with my son, born on Christmas Eve. I got to play Christmas music my entire labor and delivery and it was miraculous! Not quite to the same level of miracles, but these White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Cookies are also pretty miraculous.
These cookies are amazing for numerous reasons:
☆ they’re freaking delicious. Period.
☆ they only take 20 minutes to make- heck to the yeah!
☆ they are crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside… mmm.. get in ma belly!
☆ they are gluten-free and vegan, but I swear you’d never know it.
☆ they make a great gift idea, either pre-baked or packaged in a decorated mason jar. Your gluten-free, vegan friends will LOVE them and really appreicate you thinking of them at your next hoilday party.
Also- I’ve been on a hunt for vegan white chocolate. It’s incredibly hard to find a decent one here in the states… but I am happy to report that I found a great substitute and am so excited to be able to create recipes with it (and ok, you caught me… munch on it by itself).
These White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Cookies are super simple to make- like we’re talking batter to belly in just 20 minutes! I adapted them from my friend Tamsin over at Cupful of Kale. You totally need to check out her blog, she’s insanely talented.
I had the pleasure of being included in a virtual cookie party on Instagram, I just had to bring these babies! Check out what cookies my other blogger friends brought! (note: not all gluten-free, vegan)
Ma’amoul Cookies by Cosette’s Kitchen: https://cosetteskitchen.com/recipe/maamoul
Gingerbread Coconut Llama Cookies by Baking The Goods: http://bakingthegoods.com/2018/01/25/gingerbread-coconut-llama-cookies/
Sans Rival Macaron by Rezel Kealoha: https://rezelkealoha.com/recipes/sans-rival-macaron/
Gluten free rosemary cornmeal ma’amoul: https://www.cardamomandtea.com/blog/rosemary-cornmeal-maamoul)
Mint chocolate sandwich cookies with bourbon-vanilla cream by Well Seasoned (Ari Laing): https://www.wellseasonedstudio.com/mint-chocolate-sandwich-cookies-with-bourbon-vanilla-cream/
Gingerbread Cardamom Cookies by Sift & Simmer: https://www.siftandsimmer.com/gingerbread-cardamom-cookies/
Chocolate GInger Cookies by Georgie @ The Home Cook’s Kitchen: https://www.thehomecookskitchen.com/chocolate-ginger-cookies
Gingerbread Chocolate Chunk Sandwich Cookies with Salted Butterscotch by Prickly Fresh: https://www.pricklyfresh.com/gingerbread-chocolate-chunk-cookies/
- 1 + 2/3 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 + 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder + 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate
- pinch salt, (I used King David Gourmet purchased on Amazon)
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Using your KitchenAid/electric mixer, cream the brown sugar and butter until creamy and soft
- Mix the arrowroot and water in a cup, then pour into the bowl with the butter and sugar
- Add the pure vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and 2 tbsp of water
- Sift the baking powder and flour into the bowl, and fold
- Cut your white chocolate and macadamia nuts into small chunks and stir
- Add the dried cranberries and fold in
- Line two large baking trays with parchment paper
- Roll your dough into golf-ball sized balls, you should make 16 in total, then place them onto the baking sheet making sure to leave enough room for each to spread. Gently flaten them with the palm of your hand
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. They may not look completely done, but don't be tempted to leave them in longer. They will harden as they cool
** Recipe adapted from Cupful of Kale