Prettify your popcorn naturally with fun and nutritious superfood powders. This Superfood Rainbow Popcorn is slightly sweetened and perfect for your next birthday party or movie night!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Suncore Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. The Suncore product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
Rainbow food just got even cooler… enter into superfood rainbow popcorn! Pretty, healthy, slightly sweetened (not with corn syrup), and loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals for the most fun party treat or all alone watching a movie on your couch, wink.
And guess what? It’s really easy to make, I’m talking 20-25 minutes! First, air pop your popcorn (or however you pop your popcorn, just make sure there’s no butter or anything on it). I used 1/2 cup Amish corn kernels to make about 12 cups. Then you make the syrup with tapioca syrup (bought on Amazon), sugar, coconut oil, water, and Suncore Foods Supercolor Powders!
Then you’ll mix 1/2 teaspoon of each super color powder into 2 tablespoons of the syrup in separate bowls. Stir 2 cups of popcorn in with each colored syrup and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes, cool and eat. That’s it!
The wonderful colors are made with the best supercolor powders from Suncore Foods. Here are the powders I used in this recipe:
☆ Garnet Elderberry– boosts immunity and improves nerve pain, fatigue, and constipation
☆ Sunglow Goji Berry– enhance vision, lower blood sugar, boost immunity, protect the liver, nourish kidneys, and improve brain function
☆ Yellow Goldenberry– boost immunity and support healthy eyes and skin
☆ Emerald Pandan Leaf– alleviate skin problems and relieve arthritis, headaches, oral discomfort, and fevers
☆ Blue Butterfly Pea Flower– eyesight improvement, hair growth, and skin health
☆ Purple Sweet Potato– boosts immunity, improves digestion, and protects the liver
*information provided by the Suncore Foods website
Now although this recipe is pretty simple, it was no small task for me to get it just right. I had 3 failed attempts before finally landing upon the perfect superfood rainbow popcorn recipe! Phew.
How fun would this snack be at a kids’ birthday party?! And you don’t have to worry about all the nasty dyes found in other rainbow popcorn recipes. This popcorn is also dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and very minimally sweetened with tapioca syrup and 1/3 cup organic cane sugar.
My son loves this popcorn, and actually he came over to me in his 2 year old voice, bag in hand and said, “mommy, I love this- this is my most favorite snack ever!” hehe. Toddler approved. Health-conscious mommy approved. Popcorn loving daddy approved too (after having tried the other 3 failed recipes).
Feel free to try some of Suncore Foods’ other Supercolor Powders too! The possibilities are endless for color combinations in this recipe! Head on over to their website to shop and then then get poppin’ my friend!
- 12 cups plain popped popcorn, (I used Amish kernels and popped in my air popper)
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Sunglow Goji Berry Supercolor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Yellow Goldenberry Supercolor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Emerald Pandan Leaf Supercolor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Supercolor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Purple Sweet Potato Powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tapioca syrup , (may use corn syrup, but I recommend using tapioca syrup purchased on Amazon)
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Pop your popcorn
- **I used 1/2 cup popcorn kernels in my air popper, that made more that I needed for the recipe
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- Prepare a large parchment line baking sheet
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of each supercolor powder to 6 seperate small bowls
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring all the simple syrup ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Mix 2 tablespoons of simple syrup with each supercolor powder, whisk to combine well
- Next, add 2 cups of popped popcorn to a large bowl and pour the first colored syrup over the popcorn. Stirl to coat the popcorn well, then spread the popcorn onto your parchment lined baking sheet
- Repeat with all colored syrups, each mixed with 2 cups of popcorn
- Once all popcorn colors are made, bake the popcorn in your oven for 10-15 minutes
- Let the popcorn cool, then break apart and enjoy! Feel free to keep the colors seperated or mix them together 🙂
** recipe adapted from Must Have Mom