These Strawberry Vanilla Nice Cream Sundaes is simple, delicious dessert recipe that’s a healthy alternative to ice cream! You take your frozen bananas, strawberries, protein powder, and vanilla extract and blend them together- adding little splashes of almond milk at a time until you start to get that creamy ice cream-like texture! Vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened.
When I think of Valentine’s Day, I suppose I am a little cliche, but it usually involves pink + hearts + strawberries + chocolate + sprinkles. I mean, who really cares if it’s cliche when it’s as tasty as these Strawberry Vanilla Sundaes! So in this sundae, I made vanilla nice cream and strawberry nice cream. Oh, and btw, no- nice cream isn’t a typo. Have you heard about the nice cream craze?! Well let me tell you, if you’re just now getting on the nice cream truck, then you’re in for a real (healthy) treat! Omigosh, someone should totally start a nice cream truck… genius! You won’t believe how much the texture really is like real soft serve ice cream! And guess what?! The actual “ice cream” is made with only 5 ingredients! F.I.V.E. And you know what else? You can eat this kind of ice cream for breakfast because the main ingredient is fruit, I also add protein powder in my nice cream recipes, and is optional, but it really enhances the flavor and also adds some much-needed plant protein- if you’re vegan, that’s super important. So by now, you must be intrigued…
So here’s what you do… easy peasy. You take your frozen bananas, strawberries, protein powder, and vanilla extract and blend them together- adding little splashes of almond milk at a time until you start to get that creamy ice cream-like texture! Guys, that’s it! I’m not pullin’ yo chain. I bet this would be super fun for the kiddos (and doesn’t take long, so you can indulge their little sweet toofers in no time)! Spreading much love and healthy goodies to you and yours this Valentine’s Day!
- 6 frozen strawberries
- 1.5 frozen bananas
- 1/2 scoop berry flavored protein, optional but recommended (I use Vega)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ~2 tbsp almond milk, (added in small splashes at a time)
Vanilla Nice Cream
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional but recommended (I use Vega)
- ~1 tbsp almond milk, (added in small splashes at a time)
- fresh strawberries
- chocolate bar, (vegan dark chocolate)
- cacao nibs
- sprinkles, (I use India Tree)
- (opt) candy pearls
- frozen pomegranate seeds
- First blend all of the vanilla nice cream ingredients together in your blender, adding small quantities of almond milk until you achieve a smooth texture.
- ** Be careful not to add too much milk or it won't be like ice cream, but rather a smoothie
- Divide the vanilla nice cream into bowls and store in the freezer while you make the strawberry nice cream
- Repeat the process for making the strawberry nice cream
- Add the strawberry nice cream to the vanilla and swirl them together (if desired). Top with toppings (and you certainly can add more toppings if you'd like!) and devour!
** NOTE: make sure you freeze your bananas and strawberries overnight to make this for the next day
If you’re looking for more healthier dessert recipes, be sure to check out my Strawberry Peach Nice Cream, No-Bake Brownie Pops, No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Pie, Unicorn Cupcakes, Figgy Curd Tarts, and Strawberry Shortcake Nice Cream.
If you like this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vittlemethis on Instagram. Hugs and Kisses, friends!
If you’re looking for an amazing plant-based protein powder check out Vega! It’s the brand I use and love. Click to learn more and shop!