An easy homemade gluten-free, grain-free, vegan naan crust topped with whipped vegan cheese, fresh strawberries, blackberries, caramelized red onion, and basil then drizzled with balsamic vinegar for an easy, flavorful, summer-inspired pizza night!
Where are all my pizza lovers at?! I’m talking the cold pizza eaters, the morning after pizza eaters, the non-traditional pizza eaters, the dessert pizza eaters, the breakfast pizza eaters… seriously, if you love pizza, you’re going to love love love this pizza-packed post! Not only does it feature my very own Strawberry Blackberry Basil Pizza, but you guys- I’m sharing 6 other pizza recipes from some of my favorite foodies, and boy do we have a good pizza roundup for you!
See, I’m a pizza lover all the way. Some people have a sweet tooth, and well, I have a pizza tooth. I don’t care what time of day it is, or what special pizza concoction you come up with, odds are I’ll enjoy it. I might pick off a topping or two, or I might just scarf it down in a jiffy and reach for another slice. You never know, so like- if you ever have me over for pizza night, you better order extra 😉
So here’s the thing… even though I could eat the saucy, cold, loaded veggie pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I wanted to indulge all you sweets lovers and give a sweeter style pizza a proper shout out, because fruit paired with cheese on pizza is totally a thing worth swooning over. Say hello to your new summer staple- your new favorite way to pizza.
You know I like to keep things simple around here. I hope that when you visit my blog and make my recipes, that’s one of the things that stands out. But in my pursuit of uncomplicated, the one thing I’m never willing to sacrifice is taste. So here’s how this simple, yet flavorful Strawberry Blackberry Basil Pizza went down.
I first made the naan crust, which by the way, deserves it’s own post so look out for that soon. It’s made with just 5 ingredients and in about 15 minutes! It’s soft, and bendable unlike most gluten-free bread products. Then I caramelized the red onion and whipped up my chosen vegan cheese! I used a vegan mozzarella cheese wheel and combined it with my favorite vegan parmesan cheese. If you can find vegan parmesan at the store, you can try subbing my own Homemade Vegan Parmesan.
Next, you drizzle olive over top of the cooked naan, then add half of the berries (smashed) as you would pizza sauce, top with the whipped cheese, caramelized onion, and remaining berries. Sprinkle with pepper, more vegan parmesan and then bake for about 15-20 minutes! Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. That’s it!
I think this Strawberry Blackberry Basil Naan Pizza is definitely a proper way to ring in berry season, and also if you’re a huge fan of fruit on pizza, also try my CARAMELIZED PEACH + RED ONION PIZZA WITH ARUGULA + ALMOND RICOTTA pizza, featured on the cover of Spring 2019 Simply Gluten-Free Magazine!
Alright, so you ready to have a pizza partay?! With everything that is going on in the world with the Corona Virus quarantine, I wanted to celebrate National Pizza Party Day virtually, and I invited some of my foodie gal pals to help me do it! I knew they would come up with the most amazing pizza recipes to bring to our party, so be sure to make them all for your stay-at-home pizza parties! Try not to drool all over your screen 😉
First up is this Gluten-Free Vegan Pizza with Mushrooms & Onions by Rachel from Bakerita! You’ll be surprised at how easily this Gluten-Free Vegan Pizza with Mushrooms & Onions comes together! It is made with my new favorite gluten-free pizza crust and topped off with tomato sauce, homemade vegan mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, onions, and fresh basil. Perfect for pizza night! Don’t forget to visit her blog and IG for wholesome baking recipes! @BakeritaBlog
Next, is a Classic Vegan Margherita Pizza made by Natalya over at Healthiir! If you’re looking for a vegan pizza recipe that’s simple to make and oh-so-delicious, you’re in the right place! This Vegan Margherita Pizza is made with a healthy, homemade whole-wheat crust, and topped with vegan mozzarella, tomatoes, and fresh basil. The classics never go out of style! There’s a reason they’re called classics, after all. Be sure to check out Natalya’s blog for more health-conscious, yet indulgent recipes! @Healthiir
If you’re looking for a quick and simple white pizza that’s pantry friendly and gets the veggies in too, this Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pizza made by Remy over at Veggiekins features a yeast-free, buckwheat flour crust, artichoke hearts, garlicky spinach and vegan mozzarella. For more healthy vegan recipes, head over to her blog! @veggiekins
Looking for a dessert pizza? How about taking classic rocky road flavors with a fun vegan nutella twist in pizza form?! Bronwyn from Crumbs & Caramel made this indulgent Vegan Nutella Rocky Road Dessert Pizza that features tender sweet dough that’s baked and then spread with lush chocolate hazelnut spread, sprinkled with chocolate chips, toasted hazelnuts and mini marshmallows. A few minutes under the broiler gets the vegan marshmallows melty and toasty for an easy and delicious dessert pizza! If you’re looking for vegan recipes that can be enjoyed by everyone, head over to her blog for more! @crumbs.and.caramel
Up next is a Vegan Cauliflower Pizza with Homemade Mozzarella Cheeze made by Hannah at Two Spoons! This vegan cauliflower pizza crust is made with just 7 ingredients. It’s crispy and golden, gluten-free and oil-free. Smothered with a simple pizza sauce and topped with homemade vegan mozzarella cheese. All-in-all it’s a warm, savory, and comforting recipe. Perfect for Friday pizza night! Looking for more plant-based recipes to incorporate into your diet? Head over to Hannah’s blog for more! @twospoons.ca
This Blueberry Goat Cheese Pizza by Ciarra over at Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate is loaded with wild blueberries, goat cheese and drizzled with balsamic reduction for just the right amount of sweet and tang! Blueberry balsamic goat cheese pizza is perfect for lunch or pizza night! And if you don’t consume dairy, you can easily swap the goat cheese out with your favorite vegan cheese! Be sure to check out her blog for healthier versions of your favorite desserts! @peanutbutterpluschocolate
Wishing I could invite ya’ll over to my house for a real, in-person pizza party, but in the meantime, would love to celebrate with you virtually! Let me know which pizza you chose to make and don’t forget to tag us all on on Instagram or Facebook using #VirtualPizzaParty2020.
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Grain-Free Naan
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 24 oz (2.5 cups) non-dairy, unsweetened plain yogurt
- 8 oz vegan mozzarella (preferably a wheel-type vegan cheese, but you can also use the shreds). See notes.
- 1 teaspoon plant milk
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (plus more for topping)
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz blackberries, washed
- 16 oz strawberries, washed
- fresh basil, washed
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the naan crust. First, combine all ingredients in a large bowl until a dough forms. Next, you'll roll out the dough (in whatever shape you'd like for your pizza, you can even make multiple smaller pizzas). I rolled mine out to about 1/2-1 inch thick.
**NOTE: you'll want to use extra flour to roll it out with a rolling pin so it doesn't stick. You'll also want to use wax/parchment paper underneath.
- Once it's rolled to the desired shape, you'll bake it. You can do this one of two ways. Cook it on an electric griddle (be sure to flip and cook both sides) or pre-bake it in the oven.
- While your naan is baking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and then add your sliced red onion. Sprinkle with salt and let those cook until they start to turn soft and translucent, tossing occasionally.
- Remove the naan from the oven/ griddle and let it rest.
- Whip together your vegan mozzarella and parmesan cheeses with the plant milk until smooth with a hand blender. Set aside.
- Next, take half of the berries and smash them in a bowl with a fork or potato smasher until you have a chunky "sauce".
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the naan, then spread the fruit "sauce" over top leaving a small border of crust.
- Dollop your cheese mixture over top, then add the caramelized onions, remaining strawberries and blackberries, and sprinkle with more parmesan.
- Sprinkle with pepper and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with fresh basil leaves!
- Store any leftover pizza in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.