An easy, healthy weeknight recipe! Gluten-free pasta gets tossed with sauteéd kale, onion, and peas in a creamy, vegan tahini sauce infused with red pepper flakes. Top with vegan parmesan cheese!
My current new-ish obsession is tahini! I mean, what the heck, I’ve been missing out you guys! There’s SOOO much you can do with it, it’s nuts! (or seeds!) I often use it as a salad dressing base and have recently discovered that it’s also a great pasta sauce base! It’s neutral enough that it’s easily paired with other flavors and generally goes with everything. I mean, you can even make caramel sauce from it… mind. blown!
Oh no...This form doesn't exist. Head back to the manage forms page and select a different form.
What’s fantastic about this pasta dish is you have a creamy + delectable sauce in practically no time at all. This recipe only takes about 20 minutes to prepare, yep, that’s all. I generally don’t like spicy food, mostly because I am weak and can’t tolerate it, haha, but I actually really like the heat created from the red pepper flakes. If you prefer, you can leave them out and it will still be super yummy. So, go buy some tahini and seriously devote a day to experimenting with it. You’ll be pleasantly surprised… I’ll save you a seat on the tahini train (wink).
- 1 box your favorite pasta, (I used Banza chickpea pasta!)
- tahini sauce, (recipe below)
- 1 pkg frozen peas
- 1/2 onion
- 1 bunch kale (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese, (recipe below)
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Make your pasta according to package directions
- Make your vegan parmesan cheese, if you don't have some already in your fridge, by blending all ingredients together
- ** NOTE: I like to have extra in my fridge for easy add-to-any-recipe (because I put it on like everything!)
- Dice your kale and onion and sautee over medium heat in olive oil with the garlic until soft (about 5 minutes)
- In the meantime, blend all the tahini sauce ingredients together until smooth and creamy
- Add the peas to the skillet with kale and onion
- Drain your pasta, add that to the skillet with the kale + onion + peas
- Pour the tahini sauce into the same skillet, toss well to coat all the noodles
** Recipe is adapted from Contentedness Cooking
** Vegan Parmesan Cheese is from Minimalist Baker