This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of New Chapter, maker of whole-food vitamins & supplements. The opinions and text are all mine. The New Chapter product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift from New Chapter to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
If you would have told me a year ago that I would be obsessed with something that had carrots in it, I would have looked at you like you’re crazy. See the thing is, I don’t really like carrots. Never have. But I eat them because I know just how good they are for you. I have to admit, I try to disguise them any way I can, and what better way to sneak in some hidden carrots than in this Roasted Carrot Hummus!
If you like my Oven Roasted Tri-Colored Carrots with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds + Pomegranate + Garlic Tahini Yogurt you’re going to love this hummus recipe! It’s extra creamy, it’s a new take on an ancient favorite dip, and loaded with nutrients- especially with the addition of Fermented Black Seed Powder from New Chapter!
Until now, I had not heard of black seed powder, but I am totally amazed at the added value New Chapter’s Fermented Black Seed Powder brings to this Roasted Carrot Hummus recipe.
New Chapter’s Fermented Black Seed Powder is enhanced with turmeric, lion’s maine, and superfood botanicals to deliver soothing benefits for mood, occasional stress relief, and memory. It’s also whole-food fermented to make it easier for your body to digest and absorb each nutrient. Simply add 1 serving to your favorite milk, juice, smoothie, or in this case hummus, and enjoy!
I garnished my hummus with the best: toasted pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, fresh parsley, and chickpeas. You can use gluten-free flatbread or chips as dippers, or serve with more fresh veggies. Really, the dip is so good the dippers won’t matter much.
So get those carrots prepped, those ovens warmed, and your blenders ready, and let’s do this hummus thang!
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- pinch salt + pepper
- 5.3 ounce vegan yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 serving Fermented Black Seed Booster Powder
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- fresh parsley
- gluten-free flatbread/pita
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Clean and peel your carrots, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt + pepper and roast for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are soft
- Cut your carrots into pieces, then add to a food processor/blender along with all other ingredients (minus the garnishes or dippers) and blend until smooth
- **NOTE: you may need to add more oil or water little bits at a time
- If your pumpkin seeds aren't toasted, toast them in a small skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently (I used about 1/3 cup)
- Serve garnished with pumpkin seeds, fresh parsley, pomegrante seeds, and chickpeas and your choice of dippers