Brownie batter gets slathered over raw chocolate chip cookie dough then rolled, sliced and drizzled with melted chocolate for the perfect no-bake dessert (or breakfast)! Gluten-free, vegan, grain-free, refined sugar-free!
Are you ever indecisive about whether you want cookies or brownies? Or what about craving them hard but don’t want to wait for them to bake… I don’t know about you, but I’ve been in both situations simultaneously, so what if I told you that I discovered the perfect solution to make all your brookie dreams come true, and in less time than what you’d think?!
What started as an idea to make a brownie and a cookie together, aka a brookie, turned into this delicious cinnamon-roll inspired way to eat both cookie dough and brownie batter (safely) and in just 20 minutes. No baking means from bowl to belly faster, and might I add- it’s way more heavenly as a raw treat than baked one (trust me, I tried).
So it starts with making your plant-based brownie batter. It’s a decadent recipe that’s made with banana flour, peanut butter, flaxseed meal, raw cacao powder, vanilla, naturally sweetened dark chocolate, like Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, and plant-milk. It’s the perfect consistency to spread over the cookie dough. Hello gorgeous ?.
And y’all know my obsession with cookie dough. I mean- check out my Cookie Dough Stuffed Dates for instance (yum). This raw cookie dough, which is also grain-free, is made with cassava flour, coconut butter, date sugar, vanilla, flax milk, chocolate chips, and salt. That’s it! These raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Rolls are 100% gluten-free, vegan, grain-free, and refined sugar-free for the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth, even if it is for breakfast ?. #foodfreedom
These Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Rolls may seem intimidating, I sure was nervous when I was making them. Would they turn out as marvelous as I see them in my head? Was I going to be able to roll them up? You know- because gluten-free dough is definitely not as rollable as it is crumbly, but I am happy to say these turned out better than I expected and I find myself craving them all over again as I write this. Yes, they roll- as long as your a bit patient and careful.
The key to rolling this bad boy successfully is to make sure you roll out the cookie dough thin enough, but not too thin as to where it will just fall apart. The other thing to mention is to make sure you spread your brownie batter out relatively thin as well. You will likely have brownie batter leftover, so save it, bake it, blend it in a smoothie, eat it while you roll… I give you complete freedom here, haha.
You may also choose to chill the log in the fridge for a bit so it’s easier to slice, but that’s optional. I totally feel the immediate gratification that comes along with making-and-enjoying-right-away. Also optional, drizzling with melted chocolate, but like why not…? Haha. So, I think that’s it. I think these Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Rolls speak for themselves, I’m going to consider them pretty epic, but would love to hear your thoughts below! And if you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
- 1 cup banana flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 flax eggs ( 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 3.5 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup unsweetened flax milk (or other unsweetened plant-milk)
- 4 ounces unsweetened/naturally sweetened dark chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1+2/3 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (manna)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened flax milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- First, make your brownie batter. Start by making your flax egg and letting it gel up while you whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Then add the melted chocolate and peanut butter together in a glass measuring cup and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir, and microwave in additional 10-second increments if needed.
- Add all the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until a spreadable batter forms.
- Set your brownie batter aside while you make the cookie dough.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
** NOTE: cassava flour absorbs a lot of liquid, so if needed add more plant-milk until you have a dough that sticks together and will be rollable.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, roll out the cookie dough into about a 10.5x12 inch rectangle. It'll be about an inch to an inch-and-a-half thick.
- Next, carefully spread the brownie batter over top of the cookie dough, edge to edge.
- Gently roll into a log, using the parchment paper if needed. If the cookie dough starts to crack, just pinch it together with your fingers and continue.
- OPTIONAL: Wrap the log in plastic wrap and chill in your fridge for about 20 minutes and then slice
- Slice into 2-inch pieces and drizzle with melted chocolate! Store leftover rolls in an airtight container in the fridge.