Well, I am not sure about you, but I started off 2018 with bang! Let me tell you, my first meal of the new year was all that and then some.
**Happy New Year friends!**
I think my goal this year is to start putting champagne in all my waffles. Here’s the thing- we all love waffles. Most of us like champagne. So together- they’re magical. It’s just a fact. And in fact, I didn’t think that I could love waffles any more, until now. You guys, I replaced all the almond milk with raspberry champagne. Mind.Blown. Here’s the other thing. I am one of those people that actually doesn’t even really like alcohol haha #boring. But I got this wild idea of disguising the taste in sweet + delicious waffles, and while there’s still the hint of raspberry champagne, it’s not overbearing and it makes for some super scrumptious waffles.
So now that I have your attention, let’s just get right down to it! I hope you like them, share them (even though you might not want to), and comment below if you try them. I pray this year is a happy + healthy year for all of you.
- 2 cups raspberry champagne, (I used Verdi)
- 2 cups flour, (I used Bob's Redmill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1/2 cup oat flour , (or whole oats ground into flour)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1.5 tbsp arrowroot flour/starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter (melted), (I used Earth Balance Vegan butter)
- 30 raspberries, (sliced in half)
- pomegranate seeds
- powdered sugar
- Heat your waffle iron
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together, then add the wet and mix until well combined (save the raspberries for the very last step).
- **NOTE: I add the butter in last so that it doesn't harden back up
- Gently fold in the raspberries
- **NOTE: Save some for garnishing if desired
- Spray your waffle iron with coconut oil (or other non-stick spray)
- Depending on which waffle iron you have, add 1/4 cup of batter to each waffle well and bake until golden on the outside
- Serve garnished with fresh berries and sprinkled powdered sugar or maple syrup