This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of perfectlyfree®. The opinions and text are all mine. The perfectlyfree® frozen treats mentioned in this post were sent to me as a gift from perfectlyfree® to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
When I’m looking for a quick and easy dessert, my go-to has always been these Peanut Butter Banana Splits. For one, they are just so delicious- I mean, who doesn’t like a good banana split?! And two, these banana splits come together lickety-split… like 20 minutes max (even quicker if you don’t want to wait for the chocolate shell to harden).
Until recently, I totally forgot about these. My hubby and I used to eat them all.the.dang.time. So when I remembered that I had some of my perfectlyfree® frozen bites in the freezer that would make the best addition to my old favorite dessert, I was all in. And it just so happens that they were the best addition 😉
Let’s take a closer look at the deliciously sweet dairy-free layers in these Peanut Butter Banana Splits, shall we?
☆ peanut butter chocolate shell
☆ coconut whipped topping
☆ my new favorite allergy friendly frozen bites from perfectlyfree®
☆ and don’t forget the cherry on top!
Perfectlyfree® has totally been my summer crush. If you read my Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich blog post, you’ll know why, but in short, they are free from the 8 most common food allergens, which includes dairy, peanuts, tree nuts* (contains coconut), soy, egg, wheat, fish, and shellfish. Their products are also free from lactose, gluten, artificial preservatives, flavors, and colors! They are certified gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO. Pretty awesome, don’t you think?!
Their ice cream could certainly work well in these banana splits too, but I thought the frozen bites were so fun, not to mention the flavors are the dreamiest addition. I happened to use all of them (hey- go big or go home!). You can check out their amazing frozen bites, frozen pints, and fruit bites on their website. I’m so grateful for perfectlyfree® because they make it possible to still enjoy my childhood (and adult- let’s be serious) favorites without worrying about feeling sick. See, I don’t believe we have to give up the foods we love, we just have to find a way of reinventing them, and perfectlyfree® makes that possible for so many of my favs. I think these Peanut Butter Banana Splits are going to be your new (old) fav too, so enjoy!
- 3 bananas
- perfectlyfree® frozen bites, (flavor of your choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- fresh strawberries
- non-dairy whipped topping, ( I used So Delicious Coconut Whipped Topping)
- maraschino cherries, (opt)
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil for about 45 seconds to a minute
- **NOTE: it may not look melted, but give it a stir and if it is, no need to microwave longer. If it's not melted completely, add back into the microwave for 5 second increments
- Peel and slice your banana and add the banana to 3 seperate glasses or bowls (1 banana per glass/bowl)
- Next, pour the chocolate sauce evenly over top of the bananas in each of the glasses/bowls leaving just a little bit for pouring over top (if desired)
- Place the glasses/bowls into the fridge to harden the chocolate shell (if desired) for about 15 minutes
- While you're waiting, slice your strawberries
- Take your glasses/bowls out of the freezer and top with sliced strawberries, perfectlyfree® frozen bites, non-dairy whipped topping, and top with a marachino cherry (optional) and additional chocolate sauce!
- **NOTE: if you need to re-melt the peanut butter chocolate mixture, just add in the microwave for 10-15 seconds