This One-Pot Creamy Vegan Taco Pasta features your favorite gluten-free pasta, tossed in a creamy taco-spiced sauce, with black beans, corn, red onion, tomato, and vegan cheese then garnished with fresh avocado slices, cilantro and lime juice for the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
I think I’m sensing the start of a new trend here on the Healthy Little Vittles blog! One-pot meals are where it’s at y’all! So to kick it off, I decided to play it a little safe with a One-Pot Creamy Vegan Taco Pasta. I mean, you can’t go wrong with anything taco or pasta really… combine them together in one meal and we’re talking’ fiesta in your mouth all the way.
As we head back into the busy school season, whatever that may look like this year, these one-pot meals are definitely going to be on repeat at my house. One pot, 20 minutes, happy belly, easy clean up. #winning
So here’s just how simple this delicious One-Pot Creamy Vegan Taco Pasta is:
– Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil, then add the corn and black beans.
– Whisk in the taco seasoning, plant-milk, vegetable broth, and nutritional yeast, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
– Then add the uncooked pasta of your choice, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
– While the pasta is cooking, dice your tomato, slice your avocado and lime.
– Remove from heat, stir in the vegan cheese (completely optional by the way, it’s delicious without the vegan cheese too), and 1/2 cup more vegetable broth.
– Serve and garnish with avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- 12 oz gluten-free pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups plant (non-dairy) milk
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1.5 cups vegan cheddar/jack cheese, optional
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnishing
- Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add the corn and black beans. Saute a couple more minutes.
- Whisk in the taco seasoning, plant-milk, and 1 cup of vegetable broth (reserve 1/2 cup for the end).
- Whisk in the nutritional yeast, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Then add the uncooked pasta of your choice, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice your tomato, slice your avocado and lime.
- Remove from heat, stir in the vegan cheese (completely optional by the way, it's delicious without the vegan cheese too) and then add the other 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
- Serve and garnish with avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.