You guys, ombré is taking over the food world! It’s no longer cool just for your hair, but also your cookies and pancakes! As if I know what cool is… But I, for one, am so in love with this idea. It’s like an art project that you can eat! Which makes this super fun for your kiddos too 🙂
If you’re following me on Instagram you’ll know that these weren’t a planned weekend activity. My poor little guy had a raging fever when he woke up on Friday that carried on through Saturday. My husband and I actually had plans to attend a couples massage class (my most anticipated Christmas present!) and of course inevitably, my kid gets sick. Good news, and very good news, his fever finally broke and we didn’t have to take him in to the emergency room. The kinda bad news is he is still feeling yucky and I hate when my baby doesn’t feel well. Well anyway, he slept almost all day Saturday… so what did I do? I made these lil’ cuties!
Now, I promise they aren’t as complicated as they may look. In fact, they are actually quite easy to make (like as in 15-minutes and only require 10-ingredients!) No really, see for yourself!
And you bet there’s chocolate chips in these little gems! If you haven’t tried Enjoy Life chocolate chips yet, you’re in for a real treat! They are by far my favorite chocolate chips, and they are free from the top 14 common allergens! Gluten and dairy included! They are also non-gmo which is definitly a winner in my book too! I’ve linked to their website above, but also have included a link to purchase these delicious chocolate chips below!
If you liked this recipe, also check out my No-Bake Brownie Pops/Bites!
And as always, I love to see your re-creations! Don’t forget to tag me on social media for a chance to be featured 🙂
If you like this recipe, head on over to the Vegans First blog by Tully and check out her No-Bake, Dairy Free, Gluten Free Vegan Cookies! Tully’s life literally revolves around optimal health and sustainable living by being a devotional vegan. My mission is to create a community of like-minded vegans to go forth in creating a better and brighter world for humans, animals and the planet.
- 2 cups oat flour, (I ground up 2 cups of oats)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1/3 cup sprinkles, (I used India Tree)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- ~3 tsp dragon fruit powder
- If you don't have oat flour, grind 2 cups of oats in your blender or food processor until you have a flour-like texture
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, flaxseed, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and cinnamon
- **NOTE: do NOT add the dragonfruit powder yet
- Next add all the wet ingredients and mix to form a batter
- For the first 3 cookies, you'll roll the batter in your hands to form a ball and then flatten them into cookies. You'll use approximately 1 tbsp batter. Set these cookies aside
- Next, add 1 tsp dragon fruit powder to the batter and fold it in with a spatula or your hands
- Make 3 more cookies
- Add another tsp of dragon fruit powder, fold in, and make 3 more cookies
- Finally, add the last tsp of dragon fruit powder and make the final 3 cookies
- You can eat these right away! Store the leftover cookies in your fridge
**NOTE: If your batter isn't sticking together enough, or too crumbly, add more almond milk (little bits at a time) or another tsp-tbsp of coconut oil