What do meatballs, mushrooms, and beans all have in common? Apparently, more than we think! Obviously, there is more in these yummy morsels- but they only require 10 ingredients and are super simple to make.
These “meatballs” would be great in your traditional spaghetti & meatballs, but also in other recipes like Swedish meatballs! You could really add these to any meal for some plant-based protein, or eat them as a snack. I know I mentioned above that they are easy, but let me show you just how easy they really are…
So, I literally threw everything in my food processor and blended until smooth.
Then I scooped the batter into a large bowl and added the remaining oat flour, rolled them into balls, and baked for about 25-30 minutes!
The texture of these “meatballs” is surprisingly meat-ish and they are super filling! Let’s get to it, shall we?
- 14-16 ounces mushrooms
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2.5 cups oat flour, (additional 2.5 cups oats blended into flour)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 pinches salt + pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place all ingredients (except for the additional 2.5 cups of oats/oat flour) in your food processor and blend until smooth
- **NOTE: you may have to do this in steps if you can't fit all ingredients in your food processor at once
- Scoop your batter into a large bowl and fold in the remaining oat flour
- With wet hands, form your batter into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20-30 minutes flipping once halfway through
Oh no...This form doesn't exist. Head back to the manage forms page and select a different form.