Breakfast is a struggle. I know I have mentioned it before, but I seriously dread it. I never know what to make, and to be quite honest, I’m not overly hungry in the morning. I’m pretty much a morning turtle- wake up slow, take it easy and get around to breakfast when I get around to it. My hubby on the other hand, he jumps out of bed and is making breakfast before my brain even kicks into gear. I think my son is taking after me a little more, he isn’t super cranky and screaming for food in the mornings, but he does love breakfast. So I have been trying to be better about being creative and having some ready-made go-to’s or quick + easy breakkies. Don’t get me wrong, I love oatmeal, but sometimes I just want to mix it up a bit.
So this morning, I decided to make these cute little Chia Pudding + Blueberry Nice Cream Parfaits! It was a hit with my son! He LOVES blueberries and raspberries and oddly he goes crazy for cold foods- I mean, I never had to warm his milk or anything when he was an infant, drank it straight from the fridge. Thanks kid for making my life a little easier 😉 Anyway, these toddler-sized parfaits were perfect. I think your kiddos will love them, and I think you will love them too! Go ahead and read on about how easy peasy these are to make and what little ingredients are involved!
So now that I’ve gotten your attention, let’s not dilly dally and dive right in!
⤐ chia seeds
⤐ maple syrup
⤐ frozen banana
⤐ frozen blueberries
⤐ almond milk
⤐ pure vanilla extract
The other great thing about these Mini Chia Pudding + Blueberry Nice Cream Parfaits is that you make the chia pudding the night before (seriously in like 5 minutes or less) and then all you have to do in the morning is make your nice cream (also in only 5 minutes or less) and top with fresh berries! We’re talking 10 minutes here people! Don’t believe me, go ahead and try it out yourself, I dare you!
Oh! and p.s. Don’t you just love the trivet in these photos?! You guys, this was the sweetest thing… I happened to comment on how much I loved this trivet in my foodie friend Maria from The Vegan Twins Plantry’s photo and she went to her local store in Dublin, Ireland and got it for me! HOW FLIPPING SWEET IS THAT?! I have a prop piece from IRELAND! I was sooooo touched and so excited because I have been looking for something like this for a while now, and it just shows up on my doorstep 🙂 She is so so sweet, and this just shows that there is still kindness and love in this world, regardless of all the hate we see. So go ahead and show HER some love and follow her on Instagram and check out her delicious recipes on her BLOG!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
Blueberry Nice Cream
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- ~1 tsp almond milk, (maybe a splash more as needed)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- The night before, make your chia pudding by whisking together the chia seeds, almond milk, and maple syrup in a glass container and store in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, spoon your chia pudding into glasses/bowls
- Make your nice cream by placing your nice cream ingredients into your blender and blend until you get a soft ice cream-like consistency
- **NOTE: be careful not to add too much almond milk or it will become a smoothie! But also you need enough to allow it to blend until it's smooth. Just add little bits at a time
- Top your chia pudding with nice cream and fresh berries and eat right away
**NOTE: Simply double the recipe for regular sized parfaits or more for the next day!