This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Suncore Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. The Suncore product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
If you’re anything like me, pizza is always on the brain and is always scrumptious no matter which way you have it. I bet you’ve even had leftover cold pizza for breakfast (I am totally guilty of that). I mean, I don’t blame you, pizza for breakfast should totally be a regular thing! These Mini Berry Breakfast Pizzas are a step (or two) up from that pizza you had the night before and are a lot healthier too, with some great antioxidants and nutrients to get your day started in the best pizzable way.
Ok, so woah- why am I messing with perfect ol’ traditional pizza and making it healthy? You’ll thank me later, promise!
This pizza is made on an elderberry oat crust, topped with elderberry yogurt, fresh berries and shredded coconut. We’ll dive into the Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder from Suncore Foods in more detail below (including why I ensure my family includes this super berry in our dietary intake daily!).
These adorable little breakfast pizzas only take about 20 minutes to make and your kids will love them and I’m betting you will too .
Ok, so now back to the elderberry powder. Have you heard of elderberries? It seems they are super trendy right now because of their known antiviral properties, even though they have been used for centuries as “medicine”. So if you’re trying to kick that virus faster, elderberries are where it’s at! Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, elderberries can also offer health benefits such as boosting immunity and improving nerve pain, fatigue, and constipation.
Elderberries are pretty much the hero of all berries, but extremely hard to find at your local grocery store, that’s why I love Suncore Foods’ Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder. Not only does it contain all those amazing benefits of elderberries, but it’s of superior quality and adds gorgeous color to your dishes (which y’all know I love by now, right?!)
In this particular recipe, I added Suncore Foods’ Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder in the crust and also mixed it in with the yogurt to make these mini pizzas fun, flavorful, gorgeous and loaded with antioxidants (sure giving the other berries a run for their money in this recipe. This is one power-packed breakkie and I hope you love them as much as my family and I do! As always, I love to see your re-creations so be sure to tag me on Instagram and Facebook!
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg , (1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp Suncore Foods Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder
- 1/2 cup dairy-free unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder
- shredded coconut
- Suncore Foods Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder, (sprinkled if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients and mix well
- Form your mini pizzas into approximately 6-inch circles, you should get 5 of them
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake your crusts for about 12-15 minutes, just until the bottoms start to turn slightly golden
- While those are baking, whisk your yogurt and elderberry powder together, wash and cut your fruit
- Remove from the oven and allow the crusts to slightly cool
- Spoon some yogurt on each mini pizza and top with fruit, shredded coconut and sprinkle with more elderberry powder
- Store any leftovers in the fridge