This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Suncore Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. The Suncore product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
So y’all, I’m just going to jump right into it, what in the world is longan? No, it’s not a typo… it’s a real food, a fruit actually, and if you’re like me and have never heard of it, let alone tried it, I can assure you we’ve been missing out.
This magical fruit, also known as dragon’s eye, is historically known for its medicinal properties. Packed with antioxidant, antiviral, anti-aging, and nutritional properties, longan can also boost immunity, soothe the digestive process, and reduce stress, fatigue, insomnia, and anxiety.* Ya… I know- I’m pretty salty I didn’t know about these little balls of goodness either.
So a huge thanks to SUNCORE FOODS for introducing me to this super sweet snack! While you might not be able to find fresh longan in your area, Suncore Foods has packaged it up for a perfect on-the-go-take-them-with-you-anywhere treat. If enjoying right from the bag, be prepared to eat the whole thing in one sitting (oops!). And if you’re planning on adding them into these gluten-free, vegan Lemon Longan Cookies, be prepared to definitly eat more than one cookie.
These little cookies are just the right amount of sweet (and are all naturally sweetened by the way- powdered sugar dusting optional), zestfully refreshing, and super duper easy to make. I’m talking’ bowl to belly in just 20 minutes- including bake time!
These gluten-free, vegan cookies stay moist for a few days when stored in an airtight container- unlike some other gluten-free baked goods you may have had.
So we have:
☆ gluten-free all purpose flour
☆ vegan/plant-based butter
☆ baking powder
☆ Suncore Foods® Longan Puffs
☆ lemon juice + zest
☆ agave/maple syrup
☆ pinch of salt
☆ pure vanilla extract
☆ powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
You simply crush your longan puffs with your hands and then whisk all dry ingredients together in one bowl, followed by the wet in another bowl, stir together and plop onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a melon baller and bake for 12-15 minutes. That’s it! Talk about easy peasy lemon dreamy.
These Lemon Longan Cookies actually get better as they cool, but who am I kidding, I popped like three of these in my mouth straight from the oven. #sorrynotsorry The powdered sugar adds the perfect finishing touch, but if you’re keeping these cuties completely naturally sweetened, feel free to ditch it.
So head on over to SUNCORE FOODS to get your longan puffs and get baking! I hope your cookie loving people are just as obsessed with these as much as mine are, and as always I love to see your re-creations of my recipes so be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
*information provided by the Suncore Foods website
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan/plant-based butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice, (approximately 1 extra large lemon)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, (from the same lemon you juice)
- 1 cup longan puffs , (from Suncore Foods)
- 1/2 cup agave/maple syrup
- pinch salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Zest your lemon into a bowl and set aside
- Juice your lemon into a large measuring cup
- Dissolve your tapioca flour in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Next, whisk together all your dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Crunch up your longan puffs with your hands and add to the dry mixture bowl
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients, including your tapioca mixture lemon zest, and remaining 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and using a spatula, stir to combine
- Using a melon baller, plop your batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or two) and bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops of the cookies start to slightly turn golden
- Allow your cookies to cool before dusting with powdered sugar (optional). Store in an airtight container on your counter for up to a few days