These Gluten-Free Vegan Skillet Buttermilk Biscuits make the perfect side dish on your dinner table. They are made with a vegan buttermilk, gluten-free baking flour, vegan butter and flax eggs that bakes up light and fluffy, and are baked right in the skillet to get these delicious biscuits on your table in just 40 minutes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Calphalon. The opinions and text are all mine. The product(s) used in this recipe was sent to me as a gift, thank you so much!
These Gluten-Free Vegan Skillet Buttermilk Biscuits absolutely deserve a spot on your holiday table! They are so easy to make, so light and fluffy you’ll never know they are gluten-free and vegan. With hints of the famous Red Lobster cheddar biscuits, they will not only earn a spot on your holiday menu, but in your weekly dinner rotation too.
I am excited to be partnering with Calphalon today as a Calphalon Cook to celebrate their long heritage of making high quality cookware bringing families together for a home-cooked meal for the holidays. Skip the boxed rolls and make these Gluten-Free Vegan Skillet Buttermilk Biscuits instead! You could also make this into a skillet bread and enjoy as slices too. Either way… delicious!
These biscuits are baked right in the Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 10-inch Fry Pan since Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware is oven safe up to 450 degrees F. To make serving easy, move the pan from oven to table to keeping the biscuits warm, not to mention the pan is metal utensil safe so you don’t have to worry about your cookware getting scratched during serving.
To make the vegan buttermilk, you’ll combine plant milk, such as flax, oat, almond, coconut, cashew, etc. with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and allow it to “curdle” for about 15 minutes. I’ve replaced the eggs in these biscuits with flax eggs to keep them soft, light and fluffy and also add some nice plant-based fiber and omega-3’s.
You then simply whisk together the gluten-free baking flour, baking powder, one tablespoon of sugar (optional), garlic powder, salt, and nutritional yeast for that cheesy flavor, yo! Fold in the melted butter, the buttermilk mixture, and flax eggs- but don’t over mix- lumps are ok. Mix just enough to incorporate all of the flour. Next, drop heaping tablespoons of batter in the UN-greased skillet. That’s right, no additional oil needed to ensure they don’t stick. Calphalon’s superior nonstick performance allows for effortless food release, so these biscuits come right out of the pan with ease.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, remove from the oven, and then pour melted butter mixed with salt and garlic powder over the warm biscuits and garnish with fresh parsley. Toss the empty (because I know these biscuits will be gone in no time!) skillet in the dishwasher for easy clean up! Make the holidays easier this year with Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware.
Head over to Calphalon.com to purchase your Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 10-inch Fry Pan and use code GINA25 for 25% off! 🙂
My Spring Vegetable Skillet Paella is another great skillet meal!
- 1 cup plant milk (flax, oat, almond, cashew, coconut, etc.)
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups gluten-free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, diced
- In a glass measuring cup (or bowl) combine the plant milk with the apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 15 minutes to "curdle" into a buttermilk.
- In a bowl, stir together the flaxseed meal and 1/2 cup of water and let it sit to "gel up" to make flax eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients. After 15 minutes has passed, gently fold in the buttermilk, flax eggs, and melted butter just enough to combine, don't over mix- lumps are ok!
- Drop 2 heaping tablespoons per biscuit in your ungreased Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 10-Inch Fry Pan. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, make the topping. Melt the three tablespoons of butter, then stir in the garlich powder and salt. Dice the parsley.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the melted butter mixture over top of the biscuits evenly. Garnish with the diced parsley and serve.
*This is a sponsored post developed for Calphalon