A traditional rustic Italian dish showcasing simple ingredients including gluten-free noodles tossed in a flavorful mushroom ragù sauce. This Gluten-Free Pappardelle with Wild Mushroom Ragù will be your new favorite meat-free, 30-minute weeknight meal!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Calphalon. The opinions and text are all mine. The product(s) used in this recipe was sent to me as a gift, thank you so much!
Growing up in an Italian household pasta was a staple and we would often enjoy some form of pasta a couple of nights a week. That carried on with me into adulthood- pasta is just in my DNA, not to mention it’s super versatile and easy to prepare. You can imagine the devastation I felt when I needed to go gluten-free nearly 8 years ago, but I can honestly say that I am so grateful for the advancements in gluten-free pasta over the past five or so years.
I am really happy that I can still enjoy my childhood favorites like this Gluten-Free Pappardelle with Wild Mushroom Ragù and I am even more stoked to be partnering with Calphalon to share this family recipe with you here today!
Even though gluten-free pasta has come a long way, gluten-free noodles do cook differently than traditional wheat pasta- they tend to stick together more easily and you really have to watch how long you boil them so they don’t become super mushy. That’s where great cookware comes into play. I’ve partnered with Calphalon to celebrate their long heritage of making high quality cookware and my long heritage of making scrumptious pastas; I couldn’t think of a more fitting recipe than this Italian-dish made gluten-free and vegan for a fun, healthy, 30-minute weeknight meal.
So let’s dive in, shall we? We’re starting this recipe with two of my favorite Calphalon pots: the Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8 qt Stock Pot for boiling the noodles and the 5 qt Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Dutch Oven for making the wild mushroom ragù sauce. You could also use the Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 inch Fry Pan for the sauce too. I just like to have lots of room to toss my noodles in the ragù- to really coat them well 😉
Next, gather your ingredients… you only need 10 ingredients total. The wild mushroom ragù features a variety of mushrooms simmered in a white wine sauce infused with garlic and onion, with a hint of parsley and thyme. I also like to add a splash of lemon juice for some zing and some vegetable broth to keep the pasta from sticking or drying out too much.
You’ll just let your sauce simmer, becoming very fragrant while you boil the noodles. I have not found gluten-free, egg-free pappardelle noodles and I wanted to keep this recipe simple, so I’m using gluten-free lasagna noodles and slicing them into 3/4 inch strips- way easier than making your own pasta for this simple weeknight meal. A little hack I discovered when I made my Olive Pesto Pasta recipe 🙂
It was noticeable how much faster the water boiled to cook the lasagna noodles using the Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8 qt Stock Pot!
I feel confident using Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware because it’s 3-layer nonstick interior withstands my metal tongs when tossing the noodles in the ragù and its hard-anodized aluminum construction ensures quick, even heat distribution without hot spots. Other benefits: shatter-resistant glass lid, dishwasher safe (hello easy cleanup!), and oven safe up to 450°F, so you can easily go from stovetop to oven. And clean up is a breeze!
Basically, my traditional family pappardelle recipe got massively upgraded, and using Calphalon really helps cut down the time cooking this pasta dish making it a 30-minute meal! It’s a simple dish, but it’s so dang flavorful, just like I remembered.
I hope you enjoy this little taste of my family history! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you make this delicious Gluten-Free Pappardelle with Wild Mushroom Ragù. you can get 25% off when you shop on Calphalon.com (excluding sale items) by using code GINA25!!! Let me know how much you’re loving your new Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware!
I also loved using my Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware in my one-pan Spring Vegetable Skillet Paella recipe!
- (2) 9 oz boxes gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet/yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Vegan parmesan cheese, for garnishing
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add some oil to the water to help the noodles not stick together.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, heat the oil in your Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Dutch Oven/Large Skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and let it simmer until the onions soften, about 5 minutes. Add a couple generous pinches of salt to the pot.
- Place the lasagna noodles into the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Add the mushrooms to the other pot with the onions and garlic and let them cook for another 5-7 minutes until they soften, stirring occasionally. Add the wine, vegetable broth and thyme and continue to cook while you prepare the noodles.
- When the lasagna noodles are done, drain and rinse them and immediately slice them into 3/4-inch strips with a pizza cutter. You can choose to slice off the ruffled edges or leave them on. I got 3 strips per lasagna sheet.
**NOTE: you're going to want to work fast as they stick and break apart as they cool. As you slice the noodles, add them to the pot with the mushroom ragu and toss to keep them from drying out/sticking together.
- When all the noodles are added to the pot, add the lemon juice and parsley and toss, heating for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with more salt & pepper if desired and serve topped with vegan parmesan cheese.
**This is a sponsored post written for Calphalon using their Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Cookware