If you’re looking for a delicious + quick + easy + nutritious meal (with great leftover potential), this garlicky pasta is where it’s at! You’ll be amazed at how fast this comes together (and how much you’re going to be wanting more!) Can I get a kale yeah?!
Replace the traditional pasta sauce with a garlicky olive oil. Toss the pasta with peas, baby kale, salt, pepper, and toasted almonds! That’s it! This pasta dish comes together so fast, but yet your family and friends will be raving about how good it is.
Oh no...This form doesn't exist. Head back to the manage forms page and select a different form.
- 1 lb Gluten Free Penne/Rotini Pasta
- 1/2 cup almonds (diced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (pre-minced or 6 cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 handfuls baby kale
- 1 cup peas (frozen, organic)
- 1/4 cup (more for serving) vegan parmesan "cheese", (see notes)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil + garlic over medium-low heat until the garlic starts to turn brown and becomes very fragrant. Stir occasionally to keep from burning
- Add salt + pepper to oil mixture
- Add the pasta into the oil + garlic mixture, stir to combine
- Microwave the peas in a bowl for about 1 minute, then add to the pasta mixture
- In a small skillet, toast the almonds over medium-low heat. Toss frequently to keep them from burning. Toast until golden brown, then add to the pasta
- Add baby kale to pasta, tossing to combine all ingredients evenly
- Finally, add the vegan parmesan cheese
Recipe inspired by The Pioneer Woman
** VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE
1 1/2 cup raw cashews
6 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Blend all ingredients together until well combined and obtain a parmesan cheese consistency.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker