This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Suncore Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. The Suncore product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
Move over Milky Way, there’s a new galaxy in my universe! I don’t know about you, but when I look at these I just get alllll the galaxy vibes with their gorgeous colors, spiraly shape, and sparkly star-like flakes.
I don’t know if it’s the fact that these meringues are gorgeously vibrant, or that they are served on a stick, or that they are made with aquafaba (or all the above) that just rocks my world. Or actually, it might even be the fact that they are colored naturally with Suncore Foods superfood, supercolor powders and hellooooo- they’re sparkly! (Again, most likely all of the above really makes these my new favorite treat!)
When I originally sought out to make these meringue pops I had a whole other idea in mind, I tried it and it was boring and they didn’t turn out well and I was super bummed. Recipe fails do happen my friend- like a lot more than us food bloggers let on.
Anyway, I had leftover meringue batter from my failed attempt at making something cool, and me being the kind of person who doesn’t like to waste any amount of food (because gluten-free and vegan baking is expensive y’all!) I just threw it all in the same piping bag and pipped these gorgeous meringues out onto 6-inch sucker lollipop sticks that I found at Walmart and holy stars they were perfect! Not getting too excited, I baked them and they came out even more gloriously vibrant than pre-oven! YESSSSSS!!! I can turn this “fail” into a major win! Then I sprinkled with Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes from Suncore Foods and found myself so madly in love with these gluten-free, vegan meringue pops that they just needed a permanent home on my blog!
Gluten-free, vegan baking can be really tricky and if you’ve visited my blog before you’ll know that I am quite obsessed with using aquafaba as an egg white replacement. It’s magical! So let’s just get right down to business, because I know you’re dying to learn how I “failed” to make these gorgeous “rainbow cookies on a stick” (is what my son calls them).
So we have all of the ingredients from my Beet + Blood Orange Macarons and my Pretty Pink Macarons with the addition of a few of my favorite Suncore Foods Supercolor Powders swirled together to make these gorgous pops! Theres:
☆ almond flour
☆ cream of tartar
☆ powdered sugar
☆ Pink Pitaya Supercolor Powder from Suncore Foods
☆ Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Supercolor Powder from Suncore Foods
☆ Carrot Orange Supercolor Powder from Suncore Foods
☆ aquafaba!! (if you have no idea what the heck this is, let me tell you- the genius that figured this out is like my new favorite person. It’s the brine from a can of chickpeas! You beat it with your electric mixer and it fluffs up like egg whites… no, I’m not joking… seriously it’s as miraculous as galaxies themselves)
☆ almond extract
☆ Sunfore Foods Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes for topping!
Other than the fact that these supercolor glimmering flakes are so much fun added to your recipes, they are also packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Passion fruits can also offer health benefits such as boosting immunity, improving insomnia, and reducing cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Some even believe that eating this tropical fruit will cause you to fall passionately in love with the next person that catches your gaze.* Oooh la la!
*information from Suncore Foods website
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other recipes featuring Suncore Foods’ supercolor powders: Avocado Banana Matcha Creamsicles, Mini Berry Breakfast Pizzas, Funfetti Dessert Hummus, or Italian Cream Sodas
- 3/4 cup super fine almond flour
- 1 + 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 can chickpea brine (aquafaba)
- 1 tsp pink pitaya powder, (from Suncore Foods)
- 1/2 tsp blue butterfly pea flower powder, (from Suncore Foods)
- 1 tsp orange carrot powder, (from Suncore Foods)
- Sparkly Amber Passion Fruit Flakes, (from Suncore Foods)
- sucker sticks
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
- Sift your almond flour and 1 cup of the powdered sugar into a medium bowl so that you have a very fine mixture. Set aside
- Place your chickpea brine in your stand mixer (or in a large bowl) and whip on high speed until soft peaks start to form. This will take about 5 minutes
- Blend in the cream of tartar, remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, and almond extract and beat for an additional couple of minutes
- Next, turn off your blender and gently fold in your almond flour mixture with a spatula
- Split your mixutre into 3 different bowls
- Add the pink pitaya powder to one, and gently fold in until the batter is pink
- Add the blue butterfly pea flower powder to a different bowl, and gently fold in until the batter is blue
- Add the orange carrot powder to the last one, and gently fold in until the batter is a light orange
- Add parchment paper to a flat baking sheet (I prefer to use one with no edges) and line up your sticks allowing room to pipe 3-4 inch round circles
- Transfer your batter mixtures into a piping bag trying to keep each of the 3 colors in seperate sections of the bag and pipe 3-4-inch round circles on the lined tray (making sure to space out the meringues so they don't touch). Repeat for all of the batter
- You can sprinkle with the sparkly amber passion fruit flakes prior to baking but know they won't be sparkly. I added these both before and after baking (garnishing after allows them to keep their sparkle!)
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes then turn the oven off and let the meringues cool slowly. I kept mine in there for about an hour just because I wasn't in a rush, but know that if you take them out and there's an extreme temperature change they will deflate and sink in
- When cool, sprinkle with more sparkly passionfruit flakes
- Store in the fridge (this will crisp them up, so if you desire chewy meringue pops, allow them to sit out for about 5-10 minutes)