This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Suncore Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. The Suncore product mentioned in this post was sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
You know what I just love? I love when a dish can be so adaptable that it can be used for multiple things. There’s not too many that I can think of off the top of my head, but hummus is one of those things. Chickpeas definitely don’t get the fame they deserve for being just a complete culinary rockstar!
Of course we all know the traditional way to eat hummus with fresh veggies, but I’ve also enjoyed it on pizza (just the other night actually), with shawarma, and most recently (you guessed it) as a dessert dip! Guys, it’s so fantastically easy to whip up- literally whip up and it has such a delicious flavor. This Funfetti Dessert Hummus has all the nutritional benefits from chickpeas, while also including only natural sugars (agave or maple syrup) and my special ingredient Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder from Suncore Foods! This amazing powder not only adds some other amazing benefits to this recipe, but also gives this dessert hummus a subtle berry-like sweetness and that gorgeous fuchsia hue!
This dip is perfect to serve at birthday parties with cinnamon sugar pita chips, fresh fruit or even pretzels! And again, it only takes 15 minutes (maybe less!) to make! Did I mention there’s only 7-ingredients?
☆ garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
☆ Suncore Foods Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder
☆ almond flour
☆ agave syrup
☆ almond extract
☆ pinch of salt
So much fun, so much yum!
Here’s why I love Suncore Foods Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder :
Well for one, it’s pink… like hello?! Who doesn’t like pink food? The health benefits of hibiscus flowers include lowering bad cholesterol and blood pressure, increasing good cholesterol, managing inflammation and improving digestion- unquestionably more than just a “pretty face”.
** nutritional information provided by Suncore Foods
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)- skins removed
- 1/4 cup blanched, fine almond flour
- 4 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 tsp Fuchsia Hibiscus Supercolor Powder, (Suncore Foods)
- pinch salt
- 3-5 ice cubes, (for extra smooth and creamy hummus!)
- Add your chickpeas to a food processor/blender- preferrably with the skins removed
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor/blender except the sprinkles and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more ice cubes if needed
- Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in sprinkles and also add some on top
- Serve with fresh fruit, cinnamon pita chips, or pretzels. Refrigerate any leftover hummus
** Recipe adapted from Don't Waste the Crumbs