This post is a guest post from Annebelle Smolders. Annebelle is 24 years old and lives in Winterthur, Switzerland. She has a full-time job in strategy consulting and loves spending her free time creating vegan recipes for her blog Avobelle. Her main goal is to “veganize” everyday and traditional Swiss dishes, which are mostly full of butter, cheese, etc. and show that plant-based eating poses no restriction in any way and that every dish can be prepared just as well without animal products! Follow along on her Instagram!
When deciding on what recipe to create for my guest post for lovely Gina, it was soon clear to me that it had to be something sweet. After all, we both seem to love cookies and desserts! So I started brainstorming, recipe testing, and, of course, eating. Now I can proudly present you with the result: Delicious coconut mango parfait on a crumble base.
I am aware that the name of this dessert – Coconut Mango Parfait on a crumble base – sounds super fancy. But I promise you, it doesn’t fall short of its name! You’ll find there is a perfect balance between the different layers, with the coconut layer being so deliciously creamy and rich you won’t even be able to tell that it’s vegan. The main contributors to the richness and creaminess are silken tofu and vegan cream cheese. The crumble base, made with nuts, oats, and dates, adds a bit of a crunch and gives the whole thing a cheesecakey feeling. Finally, the refreshingly fruity mango on top balances it all out and adds a pretty pop of color.
The parfait not only tastes, but looks fancy too, don’t you think? In my opinion it’s the perfect dessert to impress guests with (and then watch their faces when you tell them it’s completely vegan and gluten-free!). I’ve already made it for guests once and received wonderful feedback! I like to serve this parfait in small glasses or jars for an even more sophisticated feeling.
Despite all the fanciness, this dessert takes only 30 minutes to prepare and is super easy to make. Basically just throw everything into your blender! This is the kind of dessert that I love most: It looks and tastes like there is a lot of work involved, but in reality, the preparation is quick and easy. This coconut mango parfait on a crumble base is another proof that vegan and gluten-free desserts can be easy, fancy and super delicious all at once! Wishing you happy cooking and eating – enjoy!
Be sure to check out Annebelle’s other healthy and delicious recipes on her blog Avobelle!
- 25 grams pitted dates
- 20 grams raw cashews
- 25 grams macadamia nuts
- 40 grams gluten-free oats
- generous pinch salt
Coconut Cream Layer
- 100 grams silken tofu
- 30 grams sugar or maple syrup, (2 tbsp)
- 100 mL coconut milk
- 50 grams plain vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 tsp maple/agave syrup
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 5 minutes to soften
- In a food processor/blender, mix the cashews, macadamia nuts, oats and salt until well combined. Add the drained dates and mix until fully incorporated
- Press the crumble base into glasses or small jars and refrigerate while you make the next layer
- Quickly clean your food processor/blender and add the silken tofu and sugar. Mix until smooth
- Add the coconut milk, vegan cream cheese, vanilla powder and grated coconut (if using). Mix until fully combined
- Layer this coconut mixture onto the crumble base and refrigerate the glasses for at least one hour to set
- Peel and cut the mango into small pieces
- Using a hand blender or your cleaned food processor/blender, blend 1/3 of the mango until smooth. Mix in the agave syrup (if using)
- Combine the mango sauce with the remaining mango pieces and refrigerate until serving
- Top the parfait with the mango mixture just before serving
** NOTE: This recipe is in grams and has not been tested in cups