Hey everyone – I’m Shivani from ‘Shivani Loves Food’, and I’m so excited to be guest posting on Gina’s incredible blog!
Today I am sharing a recipe for something which is universally approved. Naturally, I wanted to make a good impression on you, and let’s be real, talking about my love for broccoli probably isn’t the best way to do that! So, I turned towards my second love: pancakes (okay pancakes take the top spot and you know it).
These aren’t just any old pancakes. These deliciously fluffy peanut butter banana pancakes are scattered with fresh berries and drizzled in rich chocolate peanut butter sauce. Swoon!
Okay, let’s talk more about these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes. You only need 5 ingredientsto make them: oats, non-dairy milk, baking powder, peanut butter, and a banana. Simply blend all the ingredients together, add about ¼ cup of the batter to a frying pan, then cook until beautifully golden brown. Job done!
And this SAUCE! I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever made – it’s creamy and chocolatey with just the right balance of chocolate to peanut butter. And did I mention you can make it in the microwave? How easy is that?
A few notes regarding the recipe:
- If you have a nut allergy, you can sub tahini for the peanut butter. Or if you just really like tahini.
- Please please PLEASE make extras!! This recipe serves one, but it is super easy to scale up to meet your needs. I like to make a triple batch on the weekends and freeze extras in a Ziploc bag. When I want to have pancakes for breakfast, it’s just a matter of popping a few in the toaster and adding my favourite toppings!
- If you have any sauce leftover, you can store it in a microwaveable container in the fridge, then simply reheat when needed. I like to drizzle it on some vegan ice cream!
I hope you enjoy my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes recipe! Now, excuse me while I go eat my leftover chocolate sauce with a spoon…
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 3/8 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- berries for garnishing (optional)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- ~1/4 cup (40g) dark chocolate
Add all of the ingredients for the pancakes to a blender and blend until combined.
Heat a frying pan with a little spray oil on low-medium heat. Add about ¼ cup of the batter to the center of the pan.
Once little bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake and cook on the other side. They will take a few minutes on each side.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Prepare the peanut butter chocolate sauce: add the dark chocolate, non-dairy milk and peanut butter to a medium-sized microwaveable bowl. Microwave on medium power for 30 seconds, then stir well to melt thechocolate until it comes together. (Alternatively, you can make the sauce in a small saucepan over low-medium heat)
Serve the pancakes hot with fresh berries and a generous drizzle of peanut butter chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
- If you have a nut allergy, you can sub tahini for the peanut butter.
- Leftover pancakes can be stored in the freezer and reheated in the toaster.
- Leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge and reheated in the microwave.