These chocolate chip cookies are crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside! Gluten-free, vegan chocolate chip cookies never tasted so good! Made with only 7-ingredients and baked in just 20 minutes!
Cookies + (almond)Milk could possibly be the greatest culinary creation of all time… or maybe it’s just the mood I’ve been in lately. I mean, sometimes a girl just needs a stack of chocolate chip cookies, do you feel me?!
So I decided to make these delicious cookies to celebrate reaching 5k on Instagram! I threw a #5kcookieparty and it was fabulous! I wish we could share cookies through our screens because I sure would have liked to share these with you (although the cookie monster part of me wouldn’t want to share). These cookies are crunchy on the outside and around the edges, and gooey on the inside. Sounds like perfection to me! I was always a soft cookie kinda gal, but I have to admit I really like the crisp edges. I even had a little fun with them and decorated with drizzled chocolate and sprinkles! Get this delicious cookie recipe and let me know when you’re making them so we can sit and have another virtual cookie party!
Oh no...This form doesn't exist. Head back to the manage forms page and select a different form.
So this recipe was adapted from my friend Tamsin’s Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies over at Cupful of Kale! She has some super delicious recipes and her photography is stellar! We’ve become quite acquainted via social media and I am so thankful for her support and friendship. Anyway, she warns that eating just one would be nearly impossible… and she was right! So brace yourself, friend. Get those loose fitting sweatpants on girl (or boy!) and get ready, because your cookie game is about to be on fleek!
p.s. Cookie decorating is optional! They are just as delish plain!
- 1+2/3 cup gluten free 1:1 baking flour, (Bob's Redmill)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, (Earth Balance)
- 1+1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder/cornstarch
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, (Enjoy Life)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- With a hand mixer, cream your butter and sugar until soft and creamy in a large bowl
- Mix the arrowroot and 1 tbsp of water in a cup and then add the vanilla extract, stir to combine
- Add the flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips to a bowl and whisk to combine
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl with butter and sugar, add the arrowroot mixture and the additional 2 tbsp of water. Mix the dough with a spatula until you have a nice cookie dough
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Divide your cookie dough into four equal parts, and roll your dough into golf ball-sized dough balls (each part should give you four golf ball-sized dough balls)
- Place the cookie dough ball on the parchment lined baking sheet and then gently smash into cookies (be sure to spread them far enough apart for them to spread)
- Place them in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes
- **NOTE: they may look like they aren't done, but they will harden when cooling
Optional chocolate drizzle and sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in your microwave for about 40-60 seconds. Stir to combine and make sure all chips are melted. Drizzle over top of cookies and sprinkle with sprinkles! Chill in the fridge/freezer to harden the chocolate
** Recipe adapted from Cupful of Kale