A delicious and healthy seven ingredient, ten minute chocolate chip cookie dough that is vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, and safe to eat raw!
I remember years back I tried cookie dough made from chickpeas and I was definitely underwhelmed. I’m not sure if I just didn’t try a great recipe, or if my taste buds have drastically changed since then, or maybe my love for chickpeas has just grown that much. Perhaps all the above.
I thought it was about time to revisit this splendid idea of making edible raw cookie dough from my favorite legume.
This 7-ingredient cookie dough comes together in about 10 minutes total (maybe less!) and you can devour right away, add it to your smoothie bowls, your ice cream, on top of cakes (uhh totally doing that soon!), whatever you would use cookie dough for. I mean, shoot, cookie dough was always my favorite part of the ice cream anyway… anyone else searching the scoop just for the cookie dough pieces? Just ditch the ice cream and have straight up scoops of cookie dough, like duh!
The most tedious part about this recipe is removing the skins from the chickpeas, but then once that is done you simply add them to your food processor/blender with all the other ingredients, blend, and done!
If you haven’t had chickpea cookie dough, I assure you it’s better than you might be imagining. It’s also amazing because since it’s made from chickpeas and naturally sweetened, so you can call absolutely call this cookie dough “healthy”, eat the whole batch and not feel guilty. I will neither confirm nor deny that happened LOL. Annnnd now I have to go make more…
p.s. if you’re not a huge fan of chickpeas, try my almond flour alternative below! Just as delicious! 🙂
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, (feel free to add more if you like sweeter cookie dough)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- First, drain your chickpeas and lay them out on a paper towel and pat dry
- Remove all the skins from each chickpea and place the de-skinned chickpea in your food processor/blender
- Add all other ingredients minus the chocolate chips to the food processor/blender
- Blend until smooth and a dough forms (adding more flour if needed)
- Scoop all of the cookie dough into a medium bowl and fold in the chocolate chips
- **NOTE: I used mini chocolate chips
- Enjoy right away or add to your favorite recipes! Store leftover cookie dough in the refrigerator
- ☆ 1.5 cups almond flour
- ☆ 1/4 cup peanut butter
- ☆ 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ☆ 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ☆ 1/4 cup maple/agave syrup
- ☆ 1/4 cup gluten-free, vegan dark chocolate chips
- In your food processor, blend together all ingredients except the chocolate chips until a dough forms
- Transfer the dough to a medium bowl and fold in the chocolate chips
** Store leftover cookie dough in the fridge
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1226Total Fat: 84gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 56gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 18gSugar: 65gProtein: 29g