These Chickpea Cauliflower Arugula Yogurt Bowls feature tahini infused yogurt topped with cumin and coriander roasted cauliflower and chickpeas, cucumber, fresh arugula, and toasted pine nuts for a super easy, healthy, flavorful meal in under 30 minutes!
You ever see a recipe and you’re like dang… I gotta make that asap? (I sure hope some of my recipes warrant you to say that) Well that’s how these Chickpea + Cauliflower Arugula Yogurt Bowls were created. I saw a recipe from Bon Appétit and immedietly started thinking of how I could adapt it to make it my own with keeping the delcious foundation there. I’d say mission accomplished… big time!
So I think it all started when I had this intense pregnancy craving for this delicious meal. And naturally I didn’t have all the ingredients, but I had enough of the main ingredients to build upon to make this one fantastic meal that not only satisfied my craving, but made this recipe necessary to share with y’all.
SO, this blog worthy Chickpea + Cauliflower Arugula Yogurt Bowl recipe starts with roasted chickpeas and cauliflower seasoned with cumin and coriander atop a lemony yogurt. Their recipe calls for jalapeño and fennel, but I didn’t have those so I decided to take it from there and evolve the recipe into a new one. I added fresh arugula, sliced cucumbers, crispy tofu, and toasted pine nuts. OH.MY.WORD. The perfect amount of cruch and the marriage of such amazing flavors.
I also had just enough ingredients to have this the next day for lunch and I will proudly admit that these Chickpea + Cauliflower Arugula Bowls are great both warm and cold- so basically it’s like two meals in one… #winningatlife. They only take 30 minutes, and require minimal work too. Hope you love these as much as my pregnancy cravings did (and I will for sure be making this post pregnancy). I’d love to see your recreations, be sure to tag me on Instagram and Facebook!
- 10 oz cauliflower florets
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ~3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- crispy tofu, (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
Lemony Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix garlic, coriander, cumin, and 3 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and chickpeas; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. and bake, tossing halfway through, until chickpeas and cauliflower are golden brown and cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes
- If you're making crispy tofu with this dish, cut your pressed tofu into strips/cubes, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt + pepper and heat in a skillet over medium heat until they start to turn golden and crisp up, tossing frequently to get all sides crispy
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then spread yogurt mixture in serving bowls
- Toast your pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently until they start to turn golden brown
- Spoon the cauliflower and chickpeas into the bowls and top with fresh arugula, sliced cucmbers, toasted pine nuts and cripsy tofu (if including)
** Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit