This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Graceland Fruit. The opinions and text are all mine. The Graceland Fruit product mentioned in this post were sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
Stuffing. True story- I used to skip the stuffing at Thanksgiving… I know, I know- weird. Actually, being that I needed to be eating gluten-free (and didn’t know it) and stuffing is loaded with the gluten goblin, it’s probably better that I didn’t load it up on my plate like most. But as I became a big kid and started hosting Thanksgiving, I started including stuffing on my Thanksgiving menu but experimenting with ways that I loved it and could eat it safely.
So naturally for me, that means adding something sweet and using gluten-free stuffing mix. I often add cranberries, which is pretty delish, but this year I wanted to mix it up and swap out the cranberries for the most delicious dried cherries from Graceland Fruit! Sorry to say mister cranberry, but I think these cherries take this stuffing to a whole new level and may take a permanent spot in my stuffing recipe from now on!
This Cherry Apple Stuffing is sure to be a favorite side at your feasts this week, but I also think that it would make a great side dish all year round. It’s savory and sweet, and actually come to think of it, you could add some vegan sausage to it and have a delicious casserole dinner any time!
Let’s take a peek at what all goes into this Cherry Apple Stuffing!
☆ gluten-free stuffing mix
☆ Graceland Fruit dried cherries
☆ a green and red apple
☆ no-Chicken/vegetable broth
☆ white wine
☆ vegan butter
☆ Italian seasoning
That’s it! Super flavorful and so easy to make. My favorite part of this stuffing was by far the cherries. I probably could have eaten the whole bag before I added them into the recipe. They only have 3-ingredients, they’re non-GMO, Gluten-free, and contain no artificial flavors. You can now buy Graceland Fruit at select Target stores too!
I hope you and your family love this version of an old time favorite. I would love to see your recreations and how your family is enjoying this Cherry Apple Stuffin, so be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook! This holiday season, and every season, I wish you…
- 10 oz gluten-free stuffing mix
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 red apple, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 small-medium stalks celery, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cherries, (I used Graceland Fruit)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups no-chicken/vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp vegan butter, (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Heat your olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add your diced onion, celery, and apples and saute about 5 minutes until soft, then add the dried cherries and italian seasoning, toss to combine
- Add the wine, salt, and no-chicken/vegetable broth and simmer for a couple minutes
- In a large bowl, add the stuffing mix and 4 tablespoons of butter
- Pour the skillet mixture over the stuffing and stir. Transfer your stuffing to a large baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 20 minutes