Take your favorite gluten-free pasta, toss with plant butter and vegan parmesan cheese then add peas and roasted broccoli! That’s it! A simple, quick, and nourishing dinner the whole family will love ready in under 30 minutes!
My weekly go-to when I don’t feel like cooking. Friends, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get this recipe up on the blog. I’ve been selfish and keeping this to myself. I even asked you a long time ago on Instagram if you’d be interested in this recipe and then I never delivered 🙁 I hope I can make up for it by posting it now… better late than never, right?!
I think my family and I have this Cheesy Buttered Noodles once a week. Whether it’s for lunch or dinner- it’s my favorite because 1- it’s easy. 2- it’s delicious. 3- it’s quick. BONUS- the whole family eats it.. my toddler (who absolutely loves it), and even my 14 month old who can eat everything in it too!
Sometimes I don’t have broccoli on hand, so we even just make this with peas and it’s great that way too. Peas are my son’s favorite so I always make sure I have peas stocked in the freezer. Makes this meal easy PEASy… see what I did there?! Hang in there with me… I’d like to say that quarantine is making me loopy, but I think that I’m really just that cheesy all the time, haha.
This Cheesy Buttered Noodles recipe is 5 ingredients total. You can use store-bought vegan parmesan cheese, but I highly recommend making my Vegan Parmesan Cheese recipe. It’s really simple, and I always keep that on hand because I put it on everything! It’s so good. I do like to roast my broccoli, to give this dish a bit more flavor and add a little bit of crisp, but feel free to steam your broccoli if you prefer. In fact, that would make this Cheesy Buttered Noodles more like a 15-minute meal! But I do recommend if you can spare an extra 5-10 minutes that you swankify this meal with roasted broccoli, is swankify even a real word?! Haha.
Here’s the steps to make these Cheesy Buttered Noodles aka your new favorite go-to dinner: roast your broccoli with some olive oil and salt and cook your chosen gluten-free pasta according to package directions. If you don’t have Vegan Parmesan Cheese, shame on you! No, I’m kidding, you can make it while you’re waiting on the broccoli and noodles Cook your frozen peas in water in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then drain them with the pasta. Add your favorite plant butter to the pan and allow it to melt, then add the pasta and peas back to the pot. Stir to coat the noodles with butter and then stir in the vegan parmesan cheese. Finally, add the roasted broccoli and serve!
- 8-12 oz gluten-free pasta
- 1/3 cup plant butter
- 1 head broccoli, florets
- olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese (below)
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast your broccoli with some olive oil and salt.
- Boil a pot of water and cook your chosen gluten-free pasta according to package directions.
- If you don't have Vegan Parmesan Cheese already made, make it while you're waiting on the broccoli and noodles. Simply In your food processor/blender, blend all ingredients until you have a fine, Parmesan Cheese-like texture. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Cook your frozen peas in water in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then drain them with the pasta.
- Add your favorite plant butter to the pan and allow it to melt, then add the pasta and peas back to the pot.
- Stir to coat the noodles with butter and then stir in the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Finally, add the roasted broccoli and serve!